January 13th offroad trip to some frozen falls. But which one?

Started by Chris, December 07, 2023, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

The date will be January 13th, ill leave the poll up and make an official post before the new year lining out details like trail head coordinates, time to meet and details about the specific trail.
Ruby falls is typically longer and a more difficult trail, however it does, in my opinion offer a greater reward of having spectacular views and a bigger frozen waterfall.
Ghost falls is usually fairly easy to do unless a large snow dump occurs and takes less time to do. There's tons of YouTube videos on both places if you're interested in having a peak.

Both trips will be family friendly of course, and anyone is welcome to bring a friend in their non LR automobile.

JohnnyO

The Ghost has my vote. Mainly due to proximity to Calgary.  Ruby falls looks nice and may be a in the running for a summer destination when there are longer daylight hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Yes, if you're driving from Calgary I'd recommend staying in Edson overnight to make the day a bit easier.
Whichever the vote is at on new years day is what I'll make the event for, either way it'll be that date.

Damian

After thinking through it, I think I'd have to change my vote to Ghost.  It would be a super long day and a lot of night driving to get to Ruby and back from Calgary.  I voted for Ruby above, but can't change my vote.  Thinking Ghost will be great in Jan, so count me in for that.

Damian

Chris

Quote from: Damian on December 16, 2023, 09:03 AM
After thinking through it, I think I'd have to change my vote to Ghost.  It would be a super long day and a lot of night driving to get to Ruby and back from Calgary.  I voted for Ruby above, but can't change my vote.  Thinking Ghost will be great in Jan, so count me in for that.

Damian

Sounds good, ill make a mental note to move you to Ghost for your vote.

Chris