Anyone run the Whipsaw trail?

Started by Matt H, October 04, 2015, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Thinking of running the Whipsaw Trail, BC in the first week of August next year. From what I've read it's mostly an easy/moderate two day trail with camping along the way.

Anyone in the club ran this trail before and have info to share?

Anyone else want to run this trail??
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

Yes. We ran it as a club event in 2012. Your description is reasonable. Do it during the week to avoid idiots.

Matt H

Ahh yes, I thought someone in the club had run that trail before. Just couldn't remember who or when. Looks beautiful from the pictures. Thanks. 

binch

That was a great trip!   Really nice subalpine country to drive through.    If I'm not mistaken I think John took us on 3 different trails on that trip.     They were all very nice cross country trips!  But one trail had a campsite that was a pig sty!    You could see it was a place to bring all the junk up you don't want to bring back again.    I think we took out 5 bags of garbage from that one site.   But still.....it was beautiful country  there!!!!!
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Yes. Three trails. Jeep trail, one long day. Whipsaw, two days and a bit. Placer/Ashnola, one day. Then we drove up to look at an old mine site. Six days total I think plus getting there and back.

The messy camp was on the Whipsaw.

binch

And that was the BFG trail that the BC rover landers sponsor isn't it?
Cheers, Bill

Red90

I don't know.  If Matt wants some suggestion of other places to see, let us know.  Depending on timing, I would enjoy doing any of them again.  Maybe in the other directions for some variety.

Matt H

Suggestions of other trails in the area are most welcome. My Son and I have the first week of August 2016 to kill and this area seems ideal for a camping/wheeling adventure. Anyone that wants join in is welcome. Always more fun (and more safe) with others.

I believe I read some time ago in a magazine that the Whipsaw is a BFG trail with the BC Roverlanders as stewards.

Matt H

binch

Quote from: Matt H on October 05, 2015, 11:17 PM
Suggestions of other trails in the area are most welcome. My Son and I have the first week of August 2016 to kill and this area seems ideal for a camping/wheeling adventure. Anyone that wants join in is welcome. Always more fun (and more safe) with others.

I believe I read some time ago in a magazine that the Whipsaw is a BFG trail with the BC Roverlanders as stewards.

The BC Jeep group is planning on doing the Alexander McKenzie right about then too.    The trail may be cleared of down trees then  8)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Here is the other trip we did that is right next to the Whipsaw.  http://www.roverlanders.bc.ca/roverforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8264  If you did both trails and a relaxing pace would be 4 days.