Ghost Hike

Started by JohnnyO, June 01, 2023, 01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyO

I'm planning to drive to the end of the TransAlta road and hiking into the Devil's Gap area on Saturday morning.  Besides the main valley there are a couple of canyons to explore.  This 'soft' roading will accommodate any type of Landy and has a low risk of vehicle damage.  The hiking can be as easy or as hard as we want to make it based on individual preferences.  Please let me know if there is any interest and we can work on the details.

binch

That's great idea John!!!!   I wish I could join you, but sadly....not going to be available.   
Cheers, Bill

JohnnyO

What a great day out in the Ghost!  A scenic drive with the soft top off the Defender to the end of the trail, Marker #39. That's just past our turnaround point in February. From there it was three river crossings and then the hike up Bastion Ridge started in earnest. Two and half hours later we were rewarded with fantastic views of Devils Head and points beyond.

If you missed this one don't worry there are more to come. I try to get out most weekends for an adventurous drive followed with a hike/ride/paddle to avoid the crowds of the easier obtained trail heads. It's a great way to utilize our Landys the way they are intended to be enjoyed and then to slow down a bit to explore new areas and take in the scenery.
Let me know if you ever want to get out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Great photos John!!!!
Cheers, Bill