Wild Bill/Blacktail Trail, Montana. 2016.

Started by Matt H, October 02, 2015, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Susan's got us in the UK for mid June to Mid july.    And a re-run of the AMT maybe in order for late august.   
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Depending on who wins in the election down south, I may end up exploring Canada instead. The $ slump does not help either. A reverse AMT may be in order. Am playing it by ear at this point.

I am running the winter ice roads up north this winter. Am also scouting the Wabasca - Ft Mac hidden passage. A muskeg run can prove pretty challenging. Will post here if I get more info on it.

I think we need to call for the planning meeting soon. Great ideas floating around.

PS: I got the newsletter today from Mattrack. I need a big fat contract to get my hands on these tracks. Would make tire changes history. Tough to carry a spare.

Say Matt, does this trail have more swampy trails or more rocks and cliffs?

Matt H

Some mud if it's wet but it's on a mountain so it's mostly rocky. No swamps.

Me and mine are going, obviously, along with Yoda, Paul and possibly Simon. Dave L was hoping to make it as well.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Matt H

Due to circumstances I'm sorry to say that I'm postponing this trip until summer 2017.

Poor exchange on the Loonie v the US$ and the bleak economic situation in AB has left most folks interested in attending wanting to stay closer to home......or at least inside Canada this year.

Oh well. Hopefully 2017 will be kinder to us and we can get out there next year.

Matt.

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Is love to participate in the AMT trip but sadly I only have the first week in August free and the trip is mid-late August is it not?

binch

Cheers, Bill

Red90

I thought the event schedule showed you planning a Whipsaw trip the beginning of August?

Matt H

Yes. I saw that too? I did mention that I was interested in maybe doing the whipsaw and I had the first week of August to kill.

Now it appears I'm leading the expedition!!!

I had better find out where it is I suppose.

binch

hahahahahh

John's the man with the maps  ;)

You may as well tie the Jeep trail in there too.   And the cross country route we took down that area was really nice too!!!!  Found a little lake we stopped at for lunch, in the ranch lands, and found a mother load of saskatoons!!
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on March 03, 2016, 07:03 PM
hahahahahh

John's the man with the maps  ;)

You may as well tie the Jeep trail in there too.   And the cross country route we took down that area was really nice too!!!!  Found a little lake we stopped at for lunch, in the ranch lands, and found a mother load of saskatoons!!

BEST....SASKATOON BUSH....EVAR!!!!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

I might be interested in a shortish trip in early August like this.

If you do want any info, let me know.  The Whipsaw is near Princeton.

B-Red

Would that trail be ok for a Disco? Not familiar with the area.

Red90

Quote from: B-Red on March 04, 2016, 12:59 PM
Would that trail be ok for a Disco? Not familiar with the area.

Sure.  The Whipsaw is pretty tame.  Are there trails that are not okay for a Disco?

http://www.red90.ca/photos/land-rover-trips/ALRE_BC_2012/100_3155.JPG.php

binch

Yeah, that was a gorgeous campsite and all the spring flowers were in bloom too...LOTs of Colours!

But be warned.....that trail makes your butt look big  ;D
Cheers, Bill