exhaust manifold down pipe

Started by Green Hornet 88, January 14, 2023, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Hornet 88

I'm laying out my exhaust system for my series project.  I have land rover 90 2.5 na diesel engine (11 J C 2.5 N/ASP MAN. MOD?) and a down pipe (as shown in the picture) I need to order studs (with nuts?) and gasket (manifold to pipe). I have determined the tread on the manifold takes a M10 bolt, after much online searching I believe the stud is an AFU1848L and the gasket is ETC 5337?  I checked on the club order info and I can only get these in packs of 10 and I only need 3 and 1?  A couple of things I'm asking from the clubs collective wisdom, are these the right parts (numbers?) and if anyone has any spares that they would be willing to part with?  You cannot view this attachment.  I recognise  that the down pipe is not a direct fit and will need to be modified.  luckily I have a local neighbour/welder who will help me with the 'cut/paste' of the system, he suggested I put in a 'wrinkle pipe' after the engine mounting, any thoughts on this modification?  As always, all thought's/suggestions are appreciated!
Cheers Craig

Matt H

I'd leave it until you're done then drop it off at an exhaust shop. A good shop will have all that stuff on the shelf and can bend you up a custom, serviceable set up from manifold to exhaust tip in an afternoon. They tend not to be overly expensive.
I've tried cobbling together a non standard exhaust system from new/old/generic parts and it never looks as good as a system done on an industrial bender. Plus I'm not patient enough lol.
My 2c
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Green Hornet 88

Hey Matt thanks for the great suggestion! Last I looked all the parts were still laying on the floor of my garage! I was hoping to  bring a Hobbit home from NZ to help me along, but they have strict import laws, so the pipe twister shops will be a good option! Lol