1996 Discovery wheel alignment

Started by DemeraraDisco, December 04, 2022, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemeraraDisco

Seeking some help: I bumped into a curb going around an icy corner and tweaked the steering wheel centering, it seems off about 8 degrees or so, it does seem to still travel straight with no obvious pull.  I have now installed some new tires and would like to keep them wearing evenly.

I have contacted a few places and they say the vehicle is too old and they don't have expertise to align it.  Can someone recommend a very competent shop in Edmonton that can do an alignment on the 96 Disco?

Is it possible to reasonably do a DIY alignment (or at least re-center the steering wheel) without upsetting the alignment?

Red90

You have probably bent one of the steering links.  They are not very strong.  Have a look at that first as the link will need to be taken off and straightened.

You can align yourself and the method is in the workshop manual, which you can find online.  It is just toe.  Any shop can do it.  It is so strange that nobody wants to do work these days.

You can take it to the Sports Car Centre if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.  https://www.sportscarcentre.ca/

DemeraraDisco

BurbleBeast

The guys at the Fountain Tire shop located at 5810 50 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6B 3C4 (+1.780.466.0606) are very familiar with doing alignments on older Land Rovers and have done a great job on mine in the past. Ian and Brad run a tight ship there.