Series Project Wanted

Started by Madpiper, November 09, 2022, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madpiper

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a Series 2 or 3 Project; ideally a five door, or at least 109, and complete would be a plus, but will entertain others.  PM me if you have something available, I'm in the Calgary area, but will travel for the right project.  Thanks!
Professional Problem Solver

SpeedyJ

Ouch. That's mine. You're right, I'm not giving it away, but it's a complete driving truck that I've been using for years. There are a lot folks out there asking $10k+ for half finished projects.

If you're interested, talk to me, there's some wiggle room in the price. I could use the garage space and I hasn't been driven much since I got my Defender.

binch

Quote from: SpeedyJ on November 09, 2022, 09:14 PM
Ouch. That's mine. You're right, I'm not giving it away, but it's a complete driving truck that I've been using for years. There are a lot folks out there asking $10k+ for half finished projects.

If you're interested, talk to me, there's some wiggle room in the price. I could use the garage space and I hasn't been driven much since I got my Defender.

Where is your truck listed....I haven't seen it yet. ???
Cheers, Bill

bumpydormobile

It's on facebook marketplace Bill.
If you click on the link, it will take you there.

I would buy it if I were in the market for another Series truck.
Photos of the back might help sell it Speedy.

dijansmith

Madpiper, I sent you a PM.... Did you get it?

SpeedyJ

Yeah, I haven't put the effort into selling it I normally would. I wrecked my shoulder and broke my pelvis at the end of August, I've only been out of the wheelchair for a few weeks.

It really is an interesting truck, it's just not going to suit many buyers with all the period mods. I think most folks want something a bit more Instagram friendly.

Madpiper

Thanks to all who've replied, I was able to source a 109 project quite close to home.  I'm looking forward to participating more with the group here!

bumpydormobile

Two days and no photos...come on man your killing us with suspense!

Madpiper

I'm tentatively picking it up next Wed, I can post some pics then.  It's a 1968 Series 2a 109; I'm looking forward to getting started on it!

Madpiper

This is the '68 Series 2a 109 that followed me home.  Thanks again to djansmith for getting me started! I'm considering posting my progress to a thread here, where is an appropriate spot? 

binch

How about posting updates in the 'technical section" ;)
Cheers, Bill

dijansmith