SGMT 2022

Started by lovejugs, October 15, 2022, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

lovejugs

good morning everyone i would like to announce the 2022 Sean Green memorial trials to be help this November the 5th at the old Alberta safari park location. please let me know if you are able/want to attend with vehicle and numbers so i can plan accordingly. i am proposing a breakfast meet before heading to the location. we can convoy out there for those who don't know where they are going. i am hoping to have the course set up the day before. to help with the smooth running of the event ( but knowing my luck something will happen to much that plan up lol)
Dave L

binch

Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddy_110

Our Defender 110 is in tear-down mode but we'd love to bring the Discovery 1 and put it to the test!

Where can we find details on times, address, etc?

binch

We are going out to do some trail clean up at Lee's this weekend and we could really use some help (many hands make light work).    If you can lend a hand for a couple of hours on Sunday, Oct 30th please let us know.    If would really help make the SGMT a great day of play  ;D

Looking forward to some help.....

Cheers, Bill

bumpydormobile

What time is the work crew leaving? meeting up location?

David

binch

We are meeting at 11am at the big Tim Hortons (NOT the little one at the petrol canada station 200' to the west) at 664 Wye Rd Unit 100, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 0Z1 .   Just west of Clover Bar road on Wye road.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5123682,-113.273496,3a,75y,298.37h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4z87PxV3uBLPcml5DGkirg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Cheers, Bill

binch

Hey Gang,

A bunch of us were out at Lee's this past sunday and we have enough gates set up for 8 regular courses and two special courses.   And they are set up to start you off gently but get more aggressive as you get through the various courses.   The guys spent a good bit of time trimming branches to minimize the chances of pine striping too   ;)

We need to know buy 8pm on tuesday Nov 1, who is coming out (with how many passengers too) so we can order the food for the event.    Come rain or shine this is going to be a lot of fun for everyone, participants and onlookers alike.

Lovejugs will be sending out all the specifics for the event to registered particpants, in the next couple of day or so.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there  ;D
Cheers, Bill

DBrands

David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Gardenome

Ian will be there. Not counting on any guests but may be able to wrangle one.

binch

Well....the gates are set up, the food has been ordered, there's snow in the forecast and the temps aren't going to be all that bad.     

Looks like we are in for a fun day tomorrow!!!!

;D
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Start time?

binch

We are meeting at 0800am at the Denny's on Baseline Rd and Broadmoor for a breakfast together.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Broadmoor+Blvd,+Sherwood+Park,+AB+T8A+0Z6/@53.5404907,-113.3244922,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53a017d43c61d063:0x78315349e867f016!8m2!3d53.5404999!4d-113.320786

We will leave Denny's at about 0900am to drive out to Lee's (alberta safari park) on mass.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/alberta+safari+park/@53.4530244,-112.8628204,514m/data=!3m1!1e3

I think the idea is to try and get things going by 10am or so.    We don't have a lot of folks coming out (about 20 people or so) so we should have a great access the the trials sections available.   And maybe even on Lee's trails ;-)   Food is provided but I'd bring something to drink as I'm not sure what's going to be there.
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

https://youtu.be/gTgKYvzh-xc

First try with my dash cam

lovejugs

Good afternoon everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who was able to come out to help get the course set up for this event. It was a lot of work but the weather on that day combined with the company made for a great day. 

Unfortunately I was not able to book the same weather for the day of the trials. Despite the snow and wind we had a good turn out and everyone had a good time. Norman's courses were made extra nice with the addition of the snow. With the weather in mind I decided to alter the shunts allowed, giving 2 shunts to vehicles with 110inch wheel bases,1 shunt for the 100inch wheel bases and 90 and less got none. Richard C (Yoda) chose not to track his score and David M and Tom S kept their score sheets to make sure they didn't win LOL. The results of the remaining drivers are :

8  Andrew W                                                           range rover                     25
7   Andrew son ( sorry i didn't catch your name)        range rover                     22
6   Deanna L                                                           110 defender                   17
5   Joe                                                                    jeep grand cherokee        10
4   Bill I                                                                  110 Defender                   9
2   Burn Van R                                                        110 Defender                   7
2   David B                                                             90 Defender                     7
and the winner of the 2022 SGMT is Ian G                 1955 86inch series 1         5

Ian was so good he didn't even use his brakes, it was wonderful to see just what the vehicle could do

Thank you again to everyone who came out either to participate or to spectate.i would also like to give a big thank you to Burt and the Sports Car Center for the wonderful lunch that was provided. i am looking forward to doing this again next year (when my toes warm up)

Dave L