Overnite trip on the conklin wagon trail, North of Lac La Biche

Started by binch, October 13, 2022, 12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

CONKLIN Wagon Trail  Leave saturday monring and return sunday evening Oct 22/23

I'm heading out with the 110 and the canoe, to the area north of lac la biche, for an overniter.    If you are interested in joining me on this run please let me know and I'll send you some details.

fare warning - It will likely be near or below zero at night, and I've had snow there this time of year.   But the days are usually very nice!!!

;D

Cheers, Bill

binch

What a great overniter trip!!

Two D90's, one Series 1, one 110 and a video camera project for class.    Norman and Johnathan Hendry, David Brandson, Ian Gates, myself and our guest Sam met up at the Humpty's in Ft Saskatchewan for breakfast on Saturday morning.   Here the gang was introduced to Sam, who was taking a filming course in his spare time.  He was invited to join us on a simple run up to area north of Lac La Biche (north east alberta) where he could gather some video footage and chat with the members about their interests in Land Rovers.

We couldn't have asked for better weather....clear skies, very little wind, cool evenings and very few people in the area.   Very odd since hunting season has started.    Loads of random lake side camping opportunities, and trials going everywhere.   And surprisingly there were still some blueberries around, even after the first frost.

It was great to have a series one on trip too!!!!  It definitely wasn't the fastest vehicle but what class!!!   Norm's D90 was just coming out of a complete resto and it was looking very nice indeed....but it was missing the pine striping hahahahhahahahha   I'm sure we'll get there soon.    Ian put on a great pop of chili on Saturday evening and I served up Scotch eggs, fruit coctail, and two types of sausages.   Lots of tea and Sam brought enough home made chocolate and carrot cake muffins for the 7th fleet, so no one could complain about being hungary.

I brought up the canoe too!   Had to have it out at least once this year LOL.   In the early hours of sunday morning I put the boat in the water and went for a very peaceful paddle around the small lake we were on.   The water was like glass and the only sounds were of my paddle and the ducks trying to stay away from me.    The reflection of the leafless tree line, on the still water and a beautiful clear blue sky above....Priceless.

If you have a chance I encourage you to get up in this area  to explore.   It a treasure of an area.

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

Sam provided a few of the MANY video clips he had for this trip, just to give you a weee taste of what we had to enjoy.  Spectacular area and very few people out....surprisingly.   Lakes, sand, blue berries, saskatoons and strawberries galore.

He's taken more the 500 video segments over the weekend and will be putting together something for a class project that he will be showing to the club, in the future.

Here's the link     https://vimeo.com/765083530/71407af9e7
Cheers, Bill