Growler for Sale (66 S2a SWB) - relisted (above)

Started by Already a Rover, August 06, 2022, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

After 100's of hours spent in the last 10 years or so, time to let Growler go to a better home. Lots and lots going for it; see the listing on Guns 'n Rovers, but I'd rather sell it local.

https://www.gunsandrovers.com/forum/guns-and-rovers-main/parts-is-parts/204498-4-sale-66-s2a-swb

I also have a trailer painted to match - with a 10-ton boom crane on it. 

Jim

Already a Rover

Hi-All.  Any comments on the ad?  Am I asking too much, or...?  I think I could get $25K for it in the US(?). 

I've never met most of the LR crew on here, but don't be shy.

Jim

binch

Cheers, Bill

Already a Rover

Hi All,

I received a PM from friend on here and I might as well say I'd take something in the low 20s for it - I posted for $US25K, which is not too far-off what nice ones are going for down there, but no bites, and it should be a lot easier to sell up here.  Please have a look at the listing on G&R - lots and lots of time and money spent on it over the last 10 years, but it needs a new home.

Already a Rover

A few people have messaged me here and on G&R. Maybe I'm too honest, and I did kind-of rush it on here (didn't even clean it), but am going to have the seat redone this weekend, as I found the guy's number, and will be visiting the city where he lives this wknd. Maybe I'm just used to the fuel gauge, and stuff - I could fix those, and whatever that noise is. I figured someone who knows Rovers would appreciate the important stuff, like the perfect new frame, wiring, soundproofing, overdrive, excellent power and extras - that's what really matters and costs the money (I can't comprehend anyone who buys a Series and doesn't expect to have to fix it constantly), so was willing to let it go for what I consider a good-deal.  I never considered painting it, but I guess the doors are an issue which some would see dollar-signs on - I've had it for 15 years, and it hasn't gotten any worse (used to live in a wet climate), so I just consider it character. It's been posted a week now, so I'll take all of the advice and put some time and $ into everything including the doors, except maybe the overall paint, update this Post as things progress, then advertise more widely, and maybe someone will come-along in the meantime. I think it would be better value for someone to buy it now for less, but then should be able to get top dollar for it, although I know Defenders get more.  Seeing as it is likely going to be sold sight-unseen on somewhere like Bring a Trailer, it is an easier sell if the to-do list is nil (hah).

It's a ton of work to replace the S2 with an S3 transmission - I think I asked on here before if it is worth it, but can't remember. I've always wanted to do it. Yes? No?