Ghost PLUZ One-Nighter

Started by JohnnyO, June 05, 2022, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyO

I'm heading up to the headwaters of the Ghost river this coming weekend for a tent camping one nighter. (June 11/12) It'll be 'soft' roading up the Trans Alta road with next to zero chance of vehicle damage. The plan is to leave Calgary either late afternoon Friday or reasonably early Saturday morning. The time is largely weather dependent to increase the chances of hitting nice weather so we can enjoy the ride in with the top off the 90 - not always the easiest thing to do in June.  Once up there I'd like to get in a hike/trail run/mountain bike or something of the like. Then build a camp fire and enjoy the evening.  So far it's just me and Harry the dog.  If anyone is interested let me know your thoughts. If you're more keen to explore the area on the 4x4 trails that's fine too. We can plan to rendezvous for a base camp together. Let me know if there's any interest and we can finalize plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyO

Well, well, what a great place to get away from it all and only be an hour and a bit from home. All four of us made the trip - that's me, myself and I, along with Harry (the dog).  We got away a bit later than expected and then it took about an hour getting thru the Cochrane construction.  That means we compromised the trip to the end of the road and camped along the ridge overlooking the Ghost river. Very scenic and the price was right!  Camped beside a nice Cochrane family. Talked at length about how the new Defender missed the mark and the fact that they passed it up and have a new Bronco on order (Emad).  I hope to get out there again. The next dates I have in mind are June 25/26.  Let me know if there's any interest.

JohnnyO

JohnnyO

JohnnyO

binch

That sure looks like a nice spot ;)
Cheers, Bill