Roversnorth bumper fog light wiring issue.

Started by robindawilliams, June 01, 2022, 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robindawilliams

So I bought a roversnorth fog light/winch bumper.

The fog lights come with 3 wires (white power, black ground, yellow control), and a wiring diagram that says to just splice the yellow into your side lights. I have connected the white/black to the wiring loom and when you turn the key it turns the fog lights on for 10 seconds before turning off again. I can't seem to figure out what the yellow wire is looking for as any switching or power does nothing to turn on/off the circuit. I would ideally love to wire this up to the rear fog light switch (exMoD 110) so I can turn the fogs on with a factory switch (I know this means they would only turn on with headlights on but that's fine as my headlights are original and mostly useless anyways).

Any advice on how to make these work would be amazing.

bumpydormobile

Hi Robin
Did you get the lights working?
I did the same thing on my D2 since I don't need rear fog lights in Alberta.  I connected to the for light wire and it works, when the headlights are on.  There instructions don't seem right to splice into side lights.

Cheers
David

robindawilliams

I ended up wiring it directly to the ignition (just power and ground) so that they came on with the key. I will go back and rewire them in the future as a 2 wire (powered by fog switch) system later with a relay maybe. They work for now and I have a couple other wiring gremlins I will need to figure out anyways.

bumpydormobile