x eng brake pads

Started by binch, September 14, 2015, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Looks like it's time to replace the e-brake pads on the 110 now but I just checked out the price of the new pads.....HOLY CRAP!!!!!  37 quid for them!?!?!?!??!      Gotta find out who the supplier is cause those prices are nuts!!!!! >:(
Cheers, Bill

Rosco

Those calipers are the same ones fitted to JCB telehandlers, not sure if that makes it any easier to find them over here or not

binch

Quote from: Rosco on September 14, 2015, 07:41 AM
Those calipers are the same ones fitted to JCB telehandlers, not sure if that makes it any easier to find them over here or not

I'll have to source a part number for those and have a look for them.   Thanks! ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Okay, I did a little research and the x eng brake pad equivalent from JCB is part #15/920103 (or 478/00849).  Now for the real kicker.....

I thought this would be a 'no biggie' and called our local JCB dealer, here in Edmonton.   Nice folks there ;-)    They had 3 sets in stock and only wanted $193 dollars a set......   HOLY CRAP!!!!!     I can buy genuine from my regular supplier for 37 quid and I thought that was pricey!?!    Well looking online I have found at least 3 JCB part suppliers in the UK that sell them for under 10 quid. 

Bloody stupid oil town mentality here!!!!!!!

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Red90

They should really never wear out.  Everything adjusted properly?  Caliper sliders free?

binch

too much pilot error John ::)
Cheers, Bill

Rosco

Wow that quite the price difference!

Red90

Are you happy with the brake?  Reviews have been really mixed.

binch

Quote from: Red90 on September 14, 2015, 08:54 AM
Are you happy with the brake?  Reviews have been really mixed.

I'm not sure it holds as well as a good drum brake but I've been very happy with it!    So much easier to maintain and access then the drum was and I don't have nearly the issues I had with my drum brake on the 110.
Cheers, Bill