CANCELLED - 2022 BC Expedition Trip

Started by Red90, March 24, 2022, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

CANCELLED due to not having enough participants.

Will plan to try again next year.  If this is of interest, please let me know if there are dates that you prefer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten years back we ran a week long trip covering three different trails in BC.  The trip report was lost to the old forums, but you can see some photos on the club's photo album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alre_club/sets/72157665988362869/

My current thoughts are to run the same trails but in the opposite direction.  All the trails are easy to moderate and have little to no overgrowth.  I'm open to other options.  Anyone that is interested let me know and we can discuss options outside of the forums.

My goal at the moment is to set aside the dates and see the level of interest. Let me know by posting here or by private message if you are interested.

The general plan at the moment to allow dates to be set aside.

July 17: Meet and camp somewhere near Keromeos.

July 18: Complete Ashnola/Placer traverse east to west. Camp in Princeton or north end of Whipsaw Trail.

July 19/20: Whipsaw trail north to south.
https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/whipsaw-trail--2

July 21: Drive up to Enderby, camp at Cooke Creek RS.

July 22: Do Hunter Ridge Trail, west to east.
https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/the-jeep-trail-on-hunters-range--2

July 23: Drive home.

binch

That was a great trip too!    I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one again....but I have to clear something for the last weekend first off.    I'll try and confirm in May.   ;)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

That looks like a great trip. I'm going to be a tentative yes depending on the dates. I might still be calving into July.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

That was a really fun trip last time, some great trails and great company!

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

headdamage

Ok, now I have to fix up the rover.

Pioneer54

I'm down for this trip if you can tolerate a Jeep coming ;) The 127 will not be ready by then.

Joe

headdamage

I dug out the RRC and 90 on Sunday, quite a lot of work will be needed to get either ready. Is this going to be a RRC friendly trip or do I need the 90 ;)

Red90

Quote from: headdamage on May 17, 2022, 03:01 PM
I dug out the RRC and 90 on Sunday, quite a lot of work will be needed to get either ready. Is this going to be a RRC friendly trip or do I need the 90 ;)
You should be fine with either.

I'll try and get in contact with everyone this weekend and then put together a group email to expand on the details.

I've been tied up with finding a new house but that is all calming down now and can put some time into getting this organized.

Red90

Quote from: Pioneer54 on May 17, 2022, 11:56 AM
I'm down for this trip if you can tolerate a Jeep coming ;) The 127 will not be ready by then.

Joe
Sounds good. You and Johnno can have a competition for most money spent on fuel.

Red90

I have sent emails out to everyone that has shown interest.  If there is anyone else that is interested post up here or send me a message.

Red90

CANCELLED due to not having enough participants.

Will plan to try again next year.  If this is of interest, please let me know if there are dates that you prefer.

binch

Sorry to hear this won't be going this year....it's a GREAT trip with some terrific scenery!

But I'll be in for it next year!!!
Cheers, Bill