Rover Landers 2022 founders day (long weekend in Sept/22

Started by binch, March 22, 2022, 10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Has anyone heard when/if the BC Rover Landers will be having their Founders Day event this year???

Can find anything online and my account has been cancelled......   >:(
Cheers, Bill

Red90

http://www.roverlanders.bc.ca/roverforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11995

QuoteGood news, we have secured a date for our annual Founders Day 2022, it will be on Saturday 3rd September 2022.
Being held in our normal location at the Chilliwack Heritage Park in Chilliwack.
We are in discussions to confirm onsite camping for those coming from afar and we will be having a 1 day off-road run on the Sunday 4th September.

binch

Excellent!!!  Thanks John  ;)

We may have to organize a run down there that weekend.    But I'm wondering if that would conflict with the new school year for some.

Still......I always enjoy that trip down and having it then could make for a great monday off road run.

;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

I'm seriously thinking of doing the drive down there for this trip.   Beautiful drive through the mountains and there are usually of a lot of good people down there too, not to mention all the lovely landies ;-)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Yup, it's confirmed.   I'll be heading down to Chilliwack to attend the "Founders Day Weekend"

It'll be good to see some of the friendly face from their group again  ;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

My bags are packed, I have 140lt of fuel and I'm ready to head out at first light....after walking the dog of course  ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

That was a great weekend, down there in Chilliwack.  There were vehicles from Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC of course, Washington & Oregon (from what I can remember).   LOTS of overland set ups too....so really good 'food for thought' there.   It was really good to meet up with so many faces that I haven't seen in few years and there were some good deals to be made with the boot sales there too!  And lots of families going down for it too!  Rob Mills has put together a disc brake conversion kit for series trucks, made from readily available NA parts, and at a VERY reasonable price too.  And for those with the 101 FC and their thirsty V8's.....there was a diesel adapter/conversion kit.   And speaking of 101's .....  I found out where Ivor's second 101 went ;)

After the show on saturday some 20 vehicles, with their occupants, drove up to a small private ranch to camp for the night.   It was located high above (& looking down on) Chilliwack, to the SE.   Almost of of them were heading out on a trail run Sunday that would take them to the top of one of the local mountains, on a trail that was rated pretty light - for the lesser prepped vehicle to participate.  Unfortunately I had to drive home again.

The drive down was a bit on the 'warm' side with temps hitting the low 30's, but the skies were clear and there was a steady wind blowing (right into me) all the way down Hwy5.   The show itself was held indoors, at a locale agriculture museum and well out of the sun.  So rain or shine the show itself was very comfortable.    Every vehicle that participated was given a raffle ticket and there were so many prizes that pretty much everyone won something.
And they had some pretty nice stuff too.   I won a small cooler and a black T shirt with "The NEW Defender" on it.  (I have plans for to fix that mistake) ;-)

Normally they would book the facilities for the April or May long weekend but with the Covid thing going around they only just started taking reserves for the complex in June.   Next year hopefully they'll be back earlier in the year again....  But all in all....it was a great show and a brilliant weekend and I'm very much looking forward to the next one!!!   ;D

(There was someone from their club taking pics and I'll post the link when they put them up on their forum)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Do you have contact info or a link for the brake conversion guy? Rob mills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red90

binch

Not sure they are the same or not.   But Rob has put together a kit using existing NA braking parts and n adaptor plate that seems to work.
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on September 08, 2022, 10:20 PM
....using existing NA braking parts and n adaptor plate that seems to work.

That is a description is the RM braking kit.

binch

Here's a few pics and video of the weekend.    The trail run sound like it was a nice drive up in the mountains....

Photos from the founders day:
https://rover-landers.smugmug.com/Rover-Landers-Events-and-Trips-2022/Founders-Day-Sept-2022/

Fun Run on Sunday...while I was driving back to Edmonton.....next year I'm going to stay for the fun run.
https://rover-landers.smugmug.com/Rover-Landers-Events-and-Trips-2022/Founders-Day-Sunday-Run/
Cheers, Bill