2022 Events?

Started by Matt H, January 04, 2022, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Does anybody want to risk planning any off road or camping type events for the coming year?
I haven't used my Defender in anger for nearly two years and my poor old Rangie gets used for fencing and farm chores these days.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

I've been thinking of another week long BC trip. Thought was to redo the 2012 trip doing all the trails in the opposite direction.

B-Red

I was considering going down to Milk River and Writing on the Stone for Easter. It would be much warmer to camp and snow if any is usually gone. More for camping hiking. Tigger has been parked since early summer. Need to get some trails under its tires. 

binch

Quote from: B-Red on January 04, 2022, 07:31 PM
I was considering going down to Milk River and Writing on the Stone for Easter. It would be much warmer to camp and snow if any is usually gone. More for camping hiking. Tigger has been parked since early summer. Need to get some trails under its tires.

Ha Ha Ha......I remember a May Long weekend Cypress Hills family camp back in 2008-9 where we had the 101FC stuck in snow.   I watched a group of NA pickups come out into the clearing where the 101FC was stuck.  They stopped cold, turned around and went home.    We all laughed, got the 101FC unstock with Matt's mighty RRC, and kept going.   Best outing we've had in that area yet!!!!!    ;D

2012 trip was wonderful!   I'd be game for doing something like that.   Maybe an excursion over China Head Mountain for a couple of days too......area looks spectacular!!!!     https://tonyflynn.ie/2017/08/02/china-head-mountain/
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

BC is always fun!
Writing on Stone is a really nice spot but it can fill up quickly as it's a popular campground for 'regular' campers.

Trevor

I'll be making several runs up to Ruby Lake again this year. I'll post a note when I'm going for anyone  interested.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Gardenome

I'd be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Quote from: Matt H on January 06, 2022, 03:12 PM
BC is always fun!
Writing on Stone is a really nice spot but it can fill up quickly as it's a popular campground for 'regular' campers.

Did you make it into Ruby lake last year???    What's the campsite looking like these days.....?
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I did Bill. It is in good shape, pretty much the same as when you were there last. A few trees throughout the camping area have come down over the years, but that's about it.

One thing that will be worth watching is pine beetle. I first saw signs of them on the west side of the lake about 4 - 5 years ago. Not a lot, but each year spreading a bit. Last year and this year, however, they did not seem to have spread.

I see similar things down along the Blackstone. 4-5 years ago it was really seeing a strong infestation. This past summer, I barely saw signs of them.

This 30 below stuff is doing a bit of good I think.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

I've yet to make a run up to Ruby Lake. Perhaps this is the year?

binch

Poison Mountain is next to China Head Mountain and they have a trail up there too    (hint, hint, hint) ;D

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/mud-lakes-poison-mountain-china-head-loop--2
Cheers, Bill