shop notes

Started by ugly_90, September 07, 2021, 04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I stopped in at UFA for some Rotella T6 5W40 Synthetic. They had them on sale for $36/ea 5L jug, which was really good, sometimes they're even less elsewhere. They mentioned that their supply of that oil would end at the end of the month, I don't know if that's distribution or something else, I remember there was discussion on Rotella here earlier.

I moved another wreck with old free bald tires. Many tire shops will give away scrap tires that hold air, but very few will mount them, somehow a big liability if you put that rusted rim on a sports car. I've found only Fountain Tire will mount bald tires for project vehicles here, everyone else seems to refuse the work.

DBrands

Rotella T6 is my go-to for my 200Tdi and Powerstroke 6.7
20L give or take between the two for oil changes.

Every so often Peavey Mart has the 5L jugs on for $34.99. I stock up every time I see it.
It sells out quick there, so interesting to hear UFA is ending supply.
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

binch

Are they quitting the 5 liter or all oils?    I buy the 5 gallon pails of the stuff when they go on sale at UFA ;).  It's an even better deal!
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

They seemed to indicate to me that they wouldn't be able to order that type of Rotella any more, regardless of size. Perhaps supply is changing from a Rotella T6 to a T7, I have no idea. There had been earlier rumors about ZDDP levels changing in some Rotella oil, if that hadn't happened already.

I also heard that they finally ended the last leaded petrol supply in Algeria last month, not doing that anymore worldwide. That took alot longer than I expected, and thought it may have been decades ago, but no.