There goes the Castle

Started by Red90, September 04, 2015, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

North Fork has been removed between the 2021 and 2022 Alberta maps.

Racehorse is now closed on the BC side.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/motor-vehicle-prohibitions/region-4/amcep_2021_final_report.pdf

QuoteThe BC/AB border Passes; Racehorse and Deadmans, are now closed year-round to motorized vehicles. The Access Guardian will promote educational awareness for this regulation change. 

binch

Cheers, Bill

Red90

I confirmed with AEP that North Fork is closed. The closure is due to the creek crossing. No trails with water crossings are permitted.

Red90

Quote from: Red90 on September 28, 2022, 05:52 AM
I confirmed with AEP that North Fork is closed. The closure is due to the creek crossing. No trails with water crossings are permitted.

Later on I talked with AEP about putting in a new trail to avoid the water crossing.  It requires around 200 meters of additional trail installed to make it happen.  They told me that they are looking at it.

binch

Well it sounds like there maybe hope yet...we'll see.
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

Perhaps we should build 200m of trail ourselves?

Red90

Quote from: headdamage on January 31, 2023, 12:03 PM
Perhaps we should build 200m of trail ourselves?

They indicated they were talking with "their partners" and I think that meant the CNP Quad Squad.  I also talked with them (CNPQS) and they told me they were going to talk with AEP.

This is the spot just passed the current creek crossing and you can see the existing logging roads on the hill above.  These lead back to a bridged crossing over the creek.  Might be fun to go have a look one weekend in the spring.

https://goo.gl/maps/jhhk2j6bgCrKgoGu9

headdamage

Back when I first started going to Northfork the trail was all on the North side of the creek. The current route with the stream crossing is a newer route.