Edmonton area monthly Gatherings

Started by binch, July 07, 2021, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

We had our first post covid gathering tonite at Rosarios, and it went well until we heard about the new Liquor license they got that include VLT's.    No Minor allowed anymore.....which puts a BIG Damper in our efforts to make these events "Family Friendly".     It's really a shame too as it worked out so well for our members!?!?!   

But now....we need to find ourselves a new home again before the August Gathering. :(

We're open to ideas folks.....what do you have to suggest.    Please remember the more central the better for ALL of the members to come out.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions  ;)
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Hey Bill, here's a thought for the August meeting (and maybe September). Instead of holding it in a commercial establishment hold it in a park and do a BYOS (Bring Your Own Stuff) meeting in the park. Perhaps a park like Coronation Park (https://www.google.com/maps/search/coronation+park/@53.5618854,-113.5611753,17z/data=!3m1!4b1.

Also, we could arrange for the radio club to join and test and tune members CB radios at the same meeting.

In fact, that parking lot is quite big it could be something like a show and shine (perhaps more show than shine  :)). Members could bring their favourite vehicle and possibly things like trailers or their camping setup, etc.

Just thinking out loud ... again.

binch

The outdoor gathering for the next couple of months sounds interest Lloyd.   Why not enjoy the summer air while we have it ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

So what is happening?  This is tomorrow.  Do people know where to meet?

binch

Hi John,

I found a place this afternoon that looks like it will fit the bill.    I posted it under events but I can put it here as well:

Important notice about Edmonton Gathering location.....

The Edmonton gang gets together the first Wednesday of every month any time after 6pm for a pint, a meal and to shoot the breeze about Land Rovers at:

EDMONTON's NEW LOCATION
Rosie's Bar and Grill  (NOT Rosario's)
6258 99 St, Edmonton T6E6C9

Basically it's on the SW corner of Argyll and 99st.    I look foward to seeing you there ;-)

]https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5534932,-113.5243068,3a,60y,193.36h,88.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soKDR3f9swP9udS1XKNZNdA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656]

Our old haunt has added VLT machine to the premises and subsequently had to get a new license banning minors, which doesn't work very well for us at all.     So now we are relocating to  Rosie's Bar and Grill on the restaurant side.   Big advantage is they have a private room we can book FOC to show slides or videos.    I know this is short notice but but there it is folks. 

I look forward to our first gathering in the new location, and I look forward to seeing you all there!!!!!

cheers, Bill
chief grunt and bottle washer
ALRE   
Cheers, Bill

binch

BAD NEWS......our new Edmonton gathering location is gone!!!!    Seems there was some kind of dispute between the restaurant/bar and the hotel owners and Rosie's lost.    Bummer too....they were a pretty good venue for our needs  :(

So.....we need a new location to have our gatherings.   A place that accepts children as well....

Any suggestions????? ???
Cheers, Bill

alany

If the idea is to make it family/kid friendly, not that it's applicable too much sooner, but this place isn't bad:

https://goo.gl/maps/8Qdo2stSMD5SDTCh8

Bill - you, Susan and my family met here for a BBQ once. Just have folks bring their own food/beverage (probably wood) for a BBQ. It's a bit of a private park/space set away from the other areas. 

Winter meets...not sure. Any community halls? This would bypass any issues with restaurants, but depending on COVID protocols...

binch

I remember this spot!  Great place for a BBQ too!   Great option for when the weather is a bit warmer maybe. ;D
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I know this spot. I am attending a walk and fire pit event this Friday. Gets dark quickly

bumpydormobile

binch

Quote from: bumpydormobile on October 25, 2021, 05:33 PM
What about Route 99 diner?

Hey, that may be an idea!??!    Don't know if they serve beer but the chow is good.
Cheers, Bill