Barn Find in Ontario

Started by Red90, October 21, 2021, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

On the OVLR Facebook group.  Someone posted of a Series 1 found in a field.  The owner is in bad health and his wife was going to scrap it....  They have convinced her to let it move to a better life.

One of the first two Land Rovers imported to Canada in September 1948.  29th production left hand drive.

QuoteLandrover series 1, 1948, I understand it's one of the first to be imported into Canada. Rumoured to be owned/used by Canadian prime minister in the late 1940s>50. Been in the same family for over 50 years. Purchased in Brandon, from Brutchards Motors by the current owner's father in the 50's,  moved to Ontario, in the 90's and relocated about 5 years ago, I thought members might like to see this piece of history. Serial Number,
L 860174.

QuoteThe wife says it's scrap, nicknamed it "the beast"! I have been convincing her it's a piece of history that must be saved. I have finally won the debate with the wife..

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

binch

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!