What is it....?!?

Started by binch, April 10, 2021, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Hi gang,

I have a two parts (both the same) that I've taken  off the RRC but do you think I can remember what they were for?????    Can anyone out there tell me what this folded tin bracket is?    the bolt is a 1/2" x 4" long.   It's little difficult to see it but there are two small tabs near the top (right side of object) at opposite ends of the top of the 'T' piece.    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe it was something off the front axle somewhere but i really don't know.

Cheers, Bill

Red90

Have you been working on the Bigfoot sighting team again?  Could you try again with the object in focus?

binch

LOL......I didn't want to make it too easy  ;D    Try these pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alre_club/with/51108220635/

Cheers, Bill

Red90

It does not ring any bells with me.

Matt H

What year is the RRC? Could be part of the axle vibration dampener as fitted to later Rangies?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Now that's a good question......there are three options....1990, 1991 or 1993.    But I'm leaning toward the first 2.

Originally I was thinking they had something to do with the speedo gizmo that changes from a rotating cable to an electronic signal, located on the chassis near the gearbox.
Cheers, Bill

binch

AH HAH!!!!!   I figured out what that danged part was!!!!

It's 1 of 2 brackets (MWC6938) that hold up the back of the engine tray under the RRC's engine.  The bolts are long enough to go through the chassis.   It's hard to say whether it ends at the center cross member.
Cheers, Bill