Set of Toyo Open Country MT: 285/75R16

Started by Trevor, April 08, 2021, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

A bit on the larger size, but I thought I'd give folks here a shot at them first.

My friend Mark bought these new last year, and put almost no miles on them before switching over to his winter set. They are basically new and did not even see a dirt road.

4 x 285/75R16 tires, Toyo Open Country MT @ $150  ea to club members. They're a VERY good offroad tire and sell new for $350 range. He also had a spare that is about 50% worn which you can have for free if you need one.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

Would these fit on Defender Wolf Rims for Tigger?

Trevor

No, you would need an offset rim similar to what Dave L has on his Defender, or I have on my D2. They are a fairly wide tire.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

I'll take em Trevor. That is one heck of a deal! Only tricky part will be picking them up. How fast does your mate need then out of the way?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on April 09, 2021, 08:53 PM
I'll take em Trevor. That is one heck of a deal! Only tricky part will be picking them up. How fast does your mate need then out of the way?

Sounds good Matt. There's no big rush. I'm selling them for his estate so what I will do is just pay them and then you can pay me when you pick them up or I get down that way to deliver. They are in my storage bin for the time being.
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

Trevor Would they fit in the back box of Tigger? I am heading to Calgary on Friday this week. I can bring them with me Matt. That's half way. I am planning on visiting John to pick up some stuff.
Let me know. Emad

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on April 10, 2021, 09:04 AM
Trevor Would they fit in the back box of Tigger? I am heading to Calgary on Friday this week. I can bring them with me Matt. That's half way. I am planning on visiting John to pick up some stuff.
Let me know. Emad

Hmm, good question Emad. They are a big tire. I think the best way to figure that out is do a quick bit of measuring in the back of Tigger. They are 33" diameter and a bit more than 11" wide. There's 5 of them too, assuming Matt wants the spare as well.

Here's a diagram of their size (+/- a small amount as manufacturers tires vary a bit in size)...

https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/285-75R16.htm
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

Thanks for the offer guys but I'll be planning a road trip up to Edmonton eventually here in spring anyway.
Yes, I'd also like the spare.

Would you like me to e-transfer you $$$ Trevor or would you prefer cash when I come pick them up?

Cheers
Matt.

Trevor

Sounds good Matt. It would be great having a chance to link up again, perhaps have a beer or 12. If you need a place to stay when you come up let me know, we've got a spare room, and 0 covid restrictions.

E-transfer works for me....tmyler@shaw.ca
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

That sounds great Trevor. Be great to catch up, it's been way too long. I've been watching YouTube videos of of the Elephant Hill trail near Moab and it has made me nostalgic for the slick rock and the great trips we have shared out in Utah.
I'll have the executive branch (aka Joy) e-transfer you the moola tomorrow.

Matt H

E-transfer sent.

Check your PM box for the details.
👍