Wolves for sale at Suffield

Started by camo388, March 05, 2021, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

You cannot view this attachment.

Red90

Two more up for sale today.  Maybe one day the prices will drop.  I can't imagine anyone is going to make money at these prices if there ends up being hundreds of these sold.

Does anyone know how many there are at BATUS?

camo388

Even the Right Hand Drive went for $20,000 !!  That is unbelievable to me.  Someone must be keen on having a Defender.

Matt H

Many make their way south to the USA in the end. Not much of market here in Canada for high $ Defenders.  Our 15 year import rule cuts out the American competition so prices remain somewhat lower.
With over 330 million US citizens and the third highest ratio of millionaires per capita, even a tiny fraction of that is more than every Defender ever made.

Lots of well healed folks and a desirable vehicle they can't easily obtain at a local dealership means high prices so individuals and companies are looking to satisfy that market. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Just is what it is.

Add to that the "Wolf" designation and Military collector Market, the explosion of the 'Over landing' market and it would be hard not to make money if you have the right contacts.

Also I believe the general disappointment that is the New Defender has probably ensured prices for all utility Land Rovers will remain high.

If you want a cheap Land Rover, a Discovery 1 is probably your best bet right now.

My 2c
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

I wonder about this one. A 1997 d90, police cruiser, left hand drive. Going through the dealers auction until tomorrow. Engine is diesel. Looks like a TD5 to me.
Crazy markets for sure.

Matt H

That's a 300tdi Emad. Probably got 10,000hrs idle time on the poor thing.

Looks smart though and from the "Golden Age" of Defender production.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.