Clamp-On DC Meter

Started by Already a Rover, February 24, 2021, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Hi - there was some talk about this before.  It turns out mine is only AC, and I am about to embark on some electrical work - can someone provide a link to the thread??

Thanks.

Jim

DBrands

David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Red90

I got one earlier this year.  It does make troubleshooting so much nicer.  Want to check glow plugs, no problem, no guessing.  Want to check battery and charging system, easy peasy.

Matt H

FYI, if you ever feel the need embark on some higher level late model diagnosis an affordable clamp on ammeter is often not accurate enough.

But if you feeling that perverse sort of need you can always slam your testiculs in a door jam. It's just as painful but significantly cheaper.  8)
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Already a Rover

Quote from: Matt H on February 25, 2021, 09:53 AM
FYI, if you ever feel the need embark on some higher level late model diagnosis an affordable clamp on ammeter is often not accurate enough.

But if you feeling that perverse sort of need you can always slam your testiculs in a door jam. It's just as painful but significantly cheaper.  8)

Hahahah, no-thanks, but I'll take that under advisement.  Always an issue when buying cheep sh*t.

I ordered one, and now just have to wait.

Already a Rover

Hi.  I ordered one, but it took two months to arrive.  All-happy now, and ordered another one so I have have one in the truck and one for the Shop.  Thanks, Red!