Rumour has it......

Started by binch, August 21, 2015, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Rumour has it that Craig braved the snow today and assembled an axle on his SWB.   Other clues lead one to speculate.....

- Work has been reportedly carried out on a very nice SWB chassis over a period of many months, in a secluded wooded hide-out north of Drayton valley, guarded by various poultry.    Some modifcations to this frame appear to have been made but details are sketchy at this time

- It is also reported that said chassis has been secreted to sand blasting facility for further treatments.

- Our sources observed a very similar chassis being moved from the same sand blasters to a Galvanizer located on Edmonton's south side earlier this week, where it was removed from the trailer and stashed in the rear of the sheds.

- Another team has reported in that a newly built power plant of unknown purpose has been assembled and is waiting shipment to an unknown locations.

Conclusion:   Our analysts have concluded that an early series vehicle is being prep'd for a rolling chassis somewhere in the south of the province.   But further investigations will be required to ascertain that exact purpose for this nefarious, infernal contraption.... 8)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Lol, your Minions have been busy gathering all that info!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

It's amazing how far one will go for and Ice cream....or ice capp!!!! ;)
Cheers, Bill

camo388

Quote from: binch on August 21, 2015, 07:39 PM

in a secluded wooded hide-out north of Drayton valley, guarded by various poultry.   

If you have found my secluded hide-out then those damn turkeys have been talking too loudly.
I'd say, Off With Their Heads!  or I'll have too many visitors.

binch

Cheers, Bill

camo388

Quote from: binch on August 22, 2015, 10:48 PM
gobble, gobble ;D

I've always been envious of people that are bilingual.  ;D ;D
I could have used you last evening.  I had let the turkeys out into the yard as I was going to be around the shop.  11 took off and I couldn't find them before dark.
You could have talked them out of the bush for me.
I found them this morning trying to catch the morning sun along the ditch beside my neighbours yard.  This is uphill neighbour, usually the turkeys go to down hill neighbour.

binch

A giant purple and orange bird came by the house today and dropped off some elusive rear engine mounts for said project 8)
Cheers, Bill

Already a Rover

Tooo funnnny!  Thanks, I needed that today.

My own engine may mysteriously remove itself from the S11a soon and visit the Fountain of Youth (hmmm, nice name for a Shop!?).  After which it will be anointed with TBI effluvium (a real word, I did not make that up) and brought back to life as a full-fledged Warrior.

J

binch

More news from my plethora of spies and minions.......  By top secret communique I have received word that highly modified chassis has been spotted in hidden compound on the southside of Edmonton.   But it appears to have a new look to it in a very shiny silver colour.

The plot thickens....... 8)
Cheers, Bill

binch

words in now....said shiny chassis was hiding in plain site until the head minion arrived with tractor hauler carrying axles, and other parts.    The chassis has since been relocated to a certain covert land rover haven strategically situated between 3 timmies.   There, behind closed doors, could be heard the spinning of wrenches, the grinding of grinders, the thumping of hammers and the cursing of stevedores.   What ensued next was the building of swivel balls, assembly of axles, installation of diff, bushes getting pulled under the strain of buckling washers, well oiled springs packs been hung from the chassis, U-bolts hanging axles from springs, cross members being crossed, very shiny and clean 2.5 diesel and gearbox being offered up and a shinny green bulk head being offered up.   Then nothing......just the sound of scratching!??!     Looks like the engine may be sitting a bit too high on the mounts so a bit a 'jiggery-pokery" may be in order.....

My sources indicate that work has ceased on the landy and is due to continue on Friday...   Stay tuned for more developments.....
Cheers, Bill

Red90

I've said it before and I will say it again.  Do cameras not exist in Edmonton?   ;)

Matt H

Apparently, today more photographs are taken every two minutes than in the entire 19th Century! Except in Edmonton......and Medicine Hat.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Green Hornet 88 has been taking the pics as he's progressing so nag him about photos ahahhahahahahhah

I'm just keeping my spies busy  8)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Okay, by popular demand I've sent in a FOIP request and have managed to wikileak the following photos, at great risk to my minions safety and well being  8)

Here's the LH bracket from a Series truck used in the original chassis position.

Here's the RH bracket that's been modified to fit to new chassis mount position, that accommodates the diesel's injector pump.

The bulk head fits with about an inch to spare around the starter motor housing.

And now we have a rolling chassis (sans drive shafts)
Cheers, Bill

camo388

You need to warn a body!  :o :o
There are too much shiny bits and need  8)
I do hope your spies are not suffering from camera flash as we don't want to miss out on progress reports.