Diagnostic Tool to reprogram D2 and onward

Started by B-Red, November 30, 2020, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

There are many adds for the diagnostic tools for the land rovers. I am trying to get my hand on one that allows you to also reprogram the ECU for D2 and LR3/LR4. The OBD2 I have does not reset the dashboards.
Emad.

grizzlychicken

Quote from: B-Red on November 30, 2020, 12:20 PM
There are many adds for the diagnostic tools for the land rovers. I am trying to get my hand on one that allows you to also reprogram the ECU for D2 and LR3/LR4. The OBD2 I have does not reset the dashboards.
Emad.
I think the nancom does that.

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/product/ncom40-discovery-3-2005-2009-kit

The unit is the same for each vehicle.  Not sure if you have to unlock each vehicle type individually.
Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Red

Quote from: grizzlychicken on December 04, 2020, 02:07 PM
Quote from: B-Red on November 30, 2020, 12:20 PM
Emad.
I think the nancom does that.

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/product/ncom40-discovery-3-2005-2009-kit

The unit is the same for each vehicle.  Not sure if you have to unlock each vehicle type individually.
Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am located in Edmonton. I will research the Web site. I am working on two Disco 2 models. 1999 and 2004. It's handy to be able to review and manipulate the ECU. Especially with the three amigos errors. Thank you for the info.

Matt H

You don't need a high end scan tool that can reflash an ECU to fix ABS systems.

Most newer $100  tools will communicate with the ABS module.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

Quote from: Matt H on December 05, 2020, 07:50 AM
You don't need a high end scan tool that can reflash an ECU to fix ABS systems.

Most newer $100  tools will communicate with the ABS module.
Actually am looking for more than ABS. Both of my Disco 99 and Disco 04 show engine light trouble and was not able to reset at the shop. Performance can also be modified with a good eco programmer.
0 to 20 over 10 minutes off-roading can be a challenge lol.

Matt H

Not able to read or not able to reset? I have an icarsoft LR2 tool that covers most diagnostic functions for Land Rovers. Will not calibrate height sensors etc but will read & clear (when fixed) codes. My $100 Autel unit will do the same though.

I have opinions on "custom" ecu programming.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

Quote from: Matt H on December 08, 2020, 06:41 PM
Not able to read or not able to reset? I have an icarsoft LR2 tool that covers most diagnostic functions for Land Rovers. Will not calibrate height sensors etc but will read & clear (when fixed) codes. My $100 Autel unit will do the same though.

I have opinions on "custom" ecu programming.
British Atlantic has one that is web based. Not sure how effective it is. I am looking at more sensitive detection and resetting. ECU adjustments and programming is a different level that requires careful study. For now I need these cars to work lol