What is it

Started by binch, November 29, 2020, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Okay....What are these things!?!??!    They came in a parts order and I have no idea what they are as they didn't come packaged or labelled.   But.....the box was damaged in transit and some parts were lost.   I'm wondering if they found someone else's bits and tossed them in to mine for good measure.

Can anyone figure out what they are????

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GhPsoEw7Af7wOc1QWNWBXwNwO1_Nrrmm

I'm not sure how I got this at the top of the forum section..but I'm enjoying the view :-)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

binch

Nope, they have a solid core, other then the threaded cylinder that's cut into the bottom end with a course thread.  That hole is as deep as the top partially threaded bit is long.
Cheers, Bill

camo388

My guess is a axle stub.  Not necessarily for a car wheel.  I'm thinking like a roller shaft for under a conveyor belt but that is mostly because I have been binge watching Gold Rush trying to erase many that I have recorded.  With threads inside at the large end and the flats for a wrench, you to unscrew worn shaft for replacement.

mike.heathcote

I'm going to guess it's a spacer bolt.  For what though, I'm not sure... 

bumpydormobile

Come on guys!
those are obviously spacers for the Flux capacitors! :o

headdamage

I bet they are valuable... uber rare special muffler bearing spacers.

binch

The main shaft is well polished so a stub axle is a possibility Bruce.   But a spacer was one of my first thought too.   

But Flux capacitor......come on David....it's more like a  "fiendish thingy"  LOL

As for value.....nah, but a great curiousity don't you think.

It's funny what they can throw in a box at fedex after they have a package jam on the assembly, and they ensuing mayhem!   "hey Bob!   Go down into that pile and just start throwing things into whatever box and tape them up again.    We'll call it a Christmas delivery!"
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Alignment dowels.

Do I win?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Quote from: Matt H on December 02, 2020, 09:12 PM
Alignment dowels.

Do I win?

I wish I knew ahhahahhaahhahaha
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Look to be engine to bell housing or transmission to transfer case alignment dowels to my eye. I could have really used these ten years ago. I put my back out for 5 months muscling an LT230 into place that just didn't want to line up properly.

Ces't La Vie
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

Too big for anything Land Rover. 3/4" thread and 30 mm body is big. The only things on Land Rovers that hefty are steering arms.  Whatever they are they would not have been cheap.

binch

They are certainly beefy pieces that's for sure.    Still waiting to hear back from BP to find out if fedex wants the pieces.   Odds are they'll just write it off and go with:   "What the hell....we lost 3 bits out of the 11million+ plus parcels that went through the Memphis hub one night.   No biggie ;-)  "

;D
Cheers, Bill