Tires Rims and a auto Tranny for a 300tdi.

Started by Darkdevo, October 14, 2020, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdevo

Hello I have for sale 4 almost new tires Yokohama geolanders 285/75/16 with rims
also a auto tranny zf with flywheel, bell housing, and flywheel housing, and the torque converter aswell
if interested let me know.  id post pictures but this 5000kb stuff is brutal so I can send pictures if you need to phone or email

binch

Is that a ZF for diesel or ZF for petrol?
Cheers, Bill

Darkdevo

Quote from: binch on October 14, 2020, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Darkdevo on October 14, 2020, 06:13 PM
diesel

What's it out of bill?
I have a range rover classic with V8 and ZF autobox and I want to remove the V8 and Fit a 300 TDi,

1) fit the whole stock 300 disco auto setup complete, this is the easiest option.

2) get the 300 auto backplate, flexplate, starter ring gear, converter and bellhousing and fit these to the V8 ZF, be careful not to break the pump.

3) contact www.mdengineering.co.uk and buy a adapter fit to fit the V8 ZF to the 300, this allows you to use the bigger V8 converter which is desirable over the smaller 300 one.

The above frequently asked questions are courtesy of Ashcroft Transmissions. i have all these parts Ready to Go

Darkdevo

Quote from: Darkdevo on October 14, 2020, 11:11 PM
Quote from: binch on October 14, 2020, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Darkdevo on October 14, 2020, 06:13 PM
diesel

What's it out of bill?
I have a range rover classic with V8 and ZF autobox and I want to remove the V8 and Fit a 300 TDi,

1) fit the whole stock 300 disco auto setup complete, this is the easiest option.

2) get the 300 auto backplate, flexplate, starter ring gear, converter and bellhousing and fit these to the V8 ZF, be careful not to break the pump.

3) contact www.mdengineering.co.uk and buy a adapter fit to fit the V8 ZF to the 300, this allows you to use the bigger V8 converter which is desirable over the smaller 300 one.

The above frequently asked questions are courtesy of Ashcroft Transmissions. i have all these parts Ready to Go
I copied this from a web page but it came out of a discovery 1 with a 300tdi.

binch

This is interesting as I'm doing the conversion from the V8 to the 300 but keeping the auto zf.    From what I understood the diesel unit shifts at the different rpm.

Thanks for elaborating on that for me sir ;)
Cheers, Bill

Darkdevo

Quote from: binch on October 14, 2020, 11:53 PM
This is interesting as I'm doing the conversion from the V8 to the 300 but keeping the auto zf.    From what I understood the diesel unit shifts at the different rpm.

Thanks for elaborating on that for me sir ;)
Do you have everything you need for the swap?

binch

I believe I do have everything at this time, yes.     Thanks!

I look forward to hearing all about your job though  ;)
Cheers, Bill

John M

Quote from: Darkdevo on October 14, 2020, 05:46 PM
Hello I have for sale 4 almost new tires Yokohama geolanders 285/75/16 with rims
also a auto tranny zf with flywheel, bell housing, and flywheel housing, and the torque converter aswell
if interested let me know.  id post pictures but this 5000kb stuff is brutal so I can send pictures if you need to phone or email
Hello: Can you send me pics of the wheels and tires please 403 589 5175