electric 90/110

Started by binch, July 28, 2020, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

If you have a bit of  loose change kicking around how about a REAL defender running on high voltage?

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/07/want-a-boxy-suv-that-runs-on-batteries-check-out-the-twisted-nas-e/
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Hmm. Ruby Lake is a 400 mile round trip from my door. I was just up there, and I didn't see even 1 charging station.

That makes this electric which craft thingy-ma-bobby quite tricky with its 200 mile range. (last time I checked, there's no charging station in Drayton Valley either...they drove the twit that proposed them out of town and burned his house down).

Mind you, I can think of a lot worse places to have to hang out and wait for rescue than Ruby Lake.

...er, no doubt that rescue would be by someone running good old fashioned, carbon puking, climate alarmist triggering, fuel!

So maybe there's some good that can come of this electricery and which craft after all!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

ROFL

Well....Gerry can's wouldn't help here.    Maybe a massive solar array or 800lbs of spare Duracell batteries on your roof rack ahahhahahhahah
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

Diesel Gen on a trailer.

B-Red

Heads up fellows. Your tax dollars are at work.
I was checking out the new self contained EV charging stations that are being fabricated here in Alberta last week. It will be deployed along the highways north to south. Managed by ATCO Electric. I am sure they will consider a station half way to Ruby by the Alexander Reserve.
It's free fill up too.

Now imagine all the possibilities. It may take few long hours to charge 60KWH batteries. But, hey, who cares about time in back country.
When stuck though, a designated Donkey Squad will be dispatched to pull you back to safety. Just make sure you carry some oat with you.