Wiper Blades spring Order

Started by B-Red, April 28, 2020, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

With spring here it's time to place an order for windshield wiper blades. I am trying to source out the part numbers for the following:

Series Lightweight wipers

Defender front windshield wipers

Discovery 2 front and rear wipers

There also seems to be summer and winter types.

Hoping to send my order this Sunday

Appreciate the help

Emad.

ugly_90

This might not be necessary. I bought some wiper blades with the metal frame arms from Princess Auto's surplus area about a year ago.

They were faded NAPA 13"? Wipers. It was $3.50/ea, no shipping. They're on the 90 now.  Napa would have been like 18/ea or something.

I think they might have had the sizes for series as well then. You'll have to check.

Red90

I buy Tyco (OEM) ones from the UK when bringing in other parts.  They are a couple of dollars each.  Swap them out every year. 

binch

Quote from: Red90 on May 01, 2020, 06:51 AM
I buy Tyco (OEM) ones from the UK when bringing in other parts.  They are a couple of dollars each.  Swap them out every year.

That's the way I go too.   But like my filters I buy a mess of them at a time.  Invariably someone will need some too. ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I just get the Michelin wipers from Costco for the Defender. They are pricey but work well. Usually last a couple of years but it's not a daily driver for me.

I also always switch the Disco 2 wiper arms with arms from a Disco 1 so I can run a standard wiper. Also from Costco.

My 2c.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

bumpydormobile

Hey Matt
I also switched out my front with D1 arms, have you done anything for the back?

DM

Matt H

Yup.
The rear is a bit more involved than the front but it still just bolts in place of the original. You have to re-route the washer pipe. Some folks just leave it open next to the wiper so it sprays on the window. I used a right angle nozzle (from a Ford iirc).

Next you either need to notch the rear tyre carrier or remove it and flip it 180. Notching it is easy but a little  butch.
I flipped mine. You need to remove the door card to gain access to the nuts on the inside of the door that secure the carrier. Then drill out a couple of mounting holes and reassemble but it gives a way nicer finish. Start to finish it takes about 30-45 min....or about two beers.

It's a common modification if you run oversized tyres as it raises the mount and moves it to the left slightly (thus allowing clearance for the Disco 1 wiper arm) Easy.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.