Hi from Sherwood Park

Started by Jay1968, April 27, 2020, 06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay1968

Hi, I didn't see a place to do introductions so I started here:)  My Name is Jason and grew up in sherwood park. I am married to best woman in the world and our awesome kids are now 20,20(twins) and 23. I like working on old stuff and marvel how things are put together . I also hunt, enjoy RC cars and RC airplanes. I've done a mech restoration with my son on a Jeep J20 which my oldest son drove to high school. Also have a 72 Monte Carlo that I've had since 87. My journey to Land Rover ownership started four years ago in BC looking for a Monte Carlo for my oldest son.  to shorten up the situation: POS 70 Monte at Comox + empty car hauler on the way back home + diverted to back roads by an accident on highway = 3 land rovers in my driveway.  I haven't touched them for 4 years and just brought them home from storage.  To be honest I started bringing them home from storage to sell them(yes the three from Strathcona that where on Kijiji) but changed my mind and currently figuring out what I need to keep and what I can let go so I can let people who contacted me know what is available.  Not doing full a full resto, just a driver to go get groceries, and take it hunting. Got a bit of research to do now so off to the world wide web.
Cheers
Jason
do not give them names!!!!!   JeepJeep, Green1, Sasquatch Dave, Redline, CrazyMotorMork&Mindy, Lude, GeepeeZed, Bug, Donair, and Partsei

binch

Cheers, Bill

grizzlychicken

Hi Jason,
Welcome! Do you have any pics of your beasties?
Cheers
Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay1968

hmm let try this.  rover 1 partridge family paint
do not give them names!!!!!   JeepJeep, Green1, Sasquatch Dave, Redline, CrazyMotorMork&Mindy, Lude, GeepeeZed, Bug, Donair, and Partsei

Jay1968

binch

Quote from: Jay1968 on April 28, 2020, 01:12 AM

This one looks familiar for some reason ???
Cheers, Bill

Jay1968

hmmm, had a couple of guys to look at them few years back maybe it was you lol. im leaning toward keeping the 70 bugeye

Rambler

Welcome along, great to see your land rover's. 
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

grizzlychicken

Quote from: Jay1968 on April 28, 2020, 01:12 AM
Nice! Love this guy!
Looks like you have your work cut it for you! Hours of self isolation amusement :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay1968

yes, think I could get that one one up and running sooner and that paint job is priceless but totally love the bugeye. 

Red90

And just a head's up to prevent the inevitable frustrations.... A lot of parts are becoming no longer available.  And the parts that are available are nowhere near the quality of the original parts including genuine ones. Keep, reuse, refurbish as many original parts as you can. Don't replace items unless absolutely necessary. The trucks are meant to be rebuilt in the bush with basic hand tools.

Jay1968

10-4,  saw lots of "discontinued" when i was looking around

Rambler

Yes, and some suppliers list it in stock, only to then to inform you they are having problems sourcing those parts from their suppliers. 
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Jay1968

lol, got that last week when i ordered a helwig frame stiffening kit for my monte