1987 LR 110, 2.5D, ex-Batus $4500

Started by ugly_90, April 06, 2020, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

My contact Andrew, in Strathmore is selling off the last of his parts.

He has a bunch of series parts and a partial Batus 110 that runs and drives. Clear title, it recently had a 2.5D transplant.
He's asking $4500, and I'm not looking to acquire any more. It's missing both front fenders, and all doors. It runs around his farm. He'll provide a proper bill of sale.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/calgary/land-rover-parts-new-and-used-for-sale/1467452246

camo388

Adam, wasn't your friend looking for a low cost project?

ugly_90

Despite my advice, my buyer passed this one up. I note as well that the seller is a senior machinist, and he did refit the engine himself. Yes its missing fenders and doors and paint. With all those items, the asking price could double. I can only lead a horse to water here.

binch

The asking price could quadruple.....but we could all win big on the lottery too ::)
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

At $9K for a completed, painted runner, plated with clear title, it would be within market value, and not wildly outside it?

I thought that's where a running complete unit needed to be when I enquired about this earlier on my friends behalf? It doesn't seem like a lottery win, but it seems I've misjudged the market here again.

Anyway, it remains on his driveway if someone is motivated enough to negotiate with him and nab whichever series or 110 parts you like

binch

Yes, you are correct.    If it was completed and painted you could start looking at 9k or possibly more.   Is it completed now..... or are the pics from the ad accurate?
Cheers, Bill