D2 Steel Wheels.

Started by Matt H, March 29, 2020, 08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Looking for a set of five, 16" steel wheels in good condition to suit a Land Rover Discovery Series 2.

Let me know what you have.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

alright....steel wheels on a disco 1.....what trouble are you getting into  now Matt ???????    lol

::)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

About a year ago ago I bought a 03 Disco 2 for my daughter to drive. It had a few issues when we got it so I drove to & from work for a while I got them sorted. Problem was I liked it.

So I bought myself an 04 and have been using it as a daily driver over the winter while the 110 was in hibernation. I really like it.

Gat a flat tyre the other day. Tyre is ruined. 18" alloy wheel was difficult to get off the hub to say the least with standard jack & wheel brace. So steel wheels would be better. Plus, I'm going to lift it and run a larger tyre size in due course so yeah...... I'm getting into trouble lol.

binch

Yeah, now I see where you're headed.   We've had our disco 2 for 386,000km so far, with a few issues...but we've done well with it and expect to push it over 400k before too long.   I think of that as not to shabby.

Can your vehicle take the 16" wheels or do the brake discs cause issues.....I'm not even sure? :o
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Wow, that's good mileage! Just go's to show as long as you keep up with the maintenance the o'l  Rover V8 is great unit.

I'm pretty sure a 16" will fit. It was still a factory fitted option for Discovery back in 2004. I actually have a factory set of alloy 16" wheels from a 2000 model year D2 I could use but given what I'm planning for the future mods, steel would be nice.

binch

Hope you find something that works Matt ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on March 29, 2020, 04:34 PM
Wow, that's good mileage! Just go's to show as long as you keep up with the maintenance the o'l  Rover V8 is great unit.

I'm pretty sure a 16" will fit. It was still a factory fitted option for Discovery back in 2004. I actually have a factory set of alloy 16" wheels from a 2000 model year D2 I could use but given what I'm planning for the future mods, steel would be nice.

Yes, the 16" steel rims will fit no problem at all. That's what my '04 came with. I still have mine as I'm running offsets now for my 35's. However mine are not in great shape (many Moabs!), and I don't think I want to part with them anyway right at this point at least. I still need to get my D2 imported back into the US and I might have to do some temporary un-modifications to get it compliant. :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!