Sandblasting in Edmonton

Started by jeffrey, March 05, 2020, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffrey

I have some side steps and attached front body protection bars that I want to get galvanized but they need the paint stripping off, some bits have surface rust and others are still painted black.  There are lots of places that advertise in Edmonton, but is there a good place with reasonable rates that anyone can recommend.

mike.heathcote

I did a galvanizing run a couple years back, at Damm Galvanizing.  I just had them blast the pieces before they galvanized.  It wasn't much extra, but the advantage was that if they missed something, they'd re-do their own work for free.  :) 

Good luck! 
Mike 

DBrands

I had my frame, and a few other larger items done at Dougies, Pittura Coatings in Nisku. Quite a few club members use him for sandblasting and coatings. Nothing bad to say and his prices seemed respectable.

I took quite a few small bits; inner fenders, tub braces, tub cappings, turrent mounts, etc. to Sahara Sandblasting on the east side of town, 34th St just north of the Whitemud. Quick turnaround but the price was only okay, although the pieces were fiddly compared to the frame, etc. so maybe in the same ballpark.

There is a guy out in Sherwood Park, Prairie Sandblasting & Painting, that I have been recommended to use. Prices comparable to Dougie at Pittura. I am going to take a few axle casing there soon and see how it goes.

David
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

rutmaster

I support the recommendations of Doug at Pittura Coatings in Nisku and Damm Galvanizing as I have just recently had my frame, Camel trophy roll cage and bumpers done by both. Price and quality of workmanship is great.