Doors from England SP-4x4

Started by unserweg.de, February 26, 2020, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unserweg.de

Hey Guy's,

I hope there is somebody there can help us. We thinking abouts to order new doors in England. We need 4 doors for our 110. The delivery Company is DHL, but how can we figure it out how much is the Tax? We phone the Custom Service but thy can say nothing. We leave Grande Prairie in around one month.

Gratings to the SportsCar Center the clutch works really well.

Thanks for your help Christian

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1luw-hBSJzmHpipgrgg5be0e8JGCP9Kpq/view?usp=drivesdk

Red90

Tax is GST in Alberta, 5%. Whether or not you pay duty depends on how it gets classified during the import by the broker. It "should" be 0%, but can be up to 8% if classified wrong. IIRC, DHL has a $10 brokerage fee as well. They will email and/or text the bill in advance of the delivery.

Are you sure it is DHL? I just bought doors from them and they came TNT/Fedex. The only charge was GST, but it went to my account where they wave the brokerage fee.

unserweg.de

Hey thanks for the message,

yes we are sure it is DHL because in the previous they had to much trouble with TNT, that why they chanche to DHL.

How long does it takes from the order to your house? What is the right declaration?

Christian

Red90

DHL is usually 2 or 3 business days.

Tariff code 9966.00.00 is usually what is used to avoid duty.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d10/d10-15-20-eng.html

binch

Hello Christion and Sarah,

How have you kids been keeping up there in GP????

tax exemption code 99660000 must be added for each item on the commercial invoice, along with a note stating "parts for antique motor vehicle"

As soon as the package leaves the UK the customs brokers for the courier companies have to process the paper work, so it is cleared before it lands in the UK.   Depending on who it is and how your account is set up you may not see the duty/GST charge for up to 3 weeks.    Usually they have a surcharge for payment on delivery.

If the package is sent out on Monday you should see it Thursday or Friday of the same week as Grande Prairie is considered an extend delivery area I think.

Let us know how you are making out up there and what your plans are for the continuation of your journey...will you please?

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill