Anybody Need another 90?

Started by Red90, January 07, 2020, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

Will be interesting to see if this meets their estimates!

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1997-land-rover-nas-defender-90-limited-edition/
Quote1997 Land Rover NAS Defender 90 Limited Edition
Estimate: $200,000 - $250,000 | Without Reserve
Chassis: SALDV3240VA126471

The Very Last Land Rover North American Specification (NAS) Defender 90, #300/300
Enduring British Icon Loved Throughout the World
Displays 36,000 Original Miles
The End of an Era for Land Rover Exports to North America
A Truly Rare Opportunity to Acquire a Land Rover of Particular Significance

The vehicle on offer is the very last Land Rover Defender 90 built for the North American market. Unable to fit the US-required passive restraint systems, Land Rover announced in 1997 it would stop exporting the iconic British 4 x 4 to the States. To commemorate the end of the line, Land Rover built 300 Limited Edition North American Specification (NAS) Defender 90s numbered 1–300. This Defender 90 Limited Edition is #300/300.

Trevor

Holy doodle!

That will be very interesting to watch, and no reserve.

These NAS specs do seem to generate a special appeal among many US buyers. I've chatted with several at LR rally's about them and I can't quite nail down exactly what it is they find so appealing about them. It seems to be a toss up between not coming with a top at all, a soft top option that let in more wind than the topless option, the disintegrating fiberglass top option, or the standard feature of simply bursting into flames unexpectedly.

I can see the appeal!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill

headdamage

It will be hard on me but someone can have mine for the blowout price of 1,000,000 US dollars... Perhaps Doctor evil would have wanted 1 Million ;)

Red90

binch

HOLY COW!?!??!    And that USD too........ :o
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Well..considering the newly appreciated values of our trucks, I propose that our next club meeting be held at the Mayfair Golf Club. Formal wear of course and aged scotch on tap.
After all, time to roll with the rich and famous lol
Emad

binch

oh no....Let's slum it and go to the Pebble Beach car show! ;)
Cheers, Bill

camo388

binch

I wouldn't be surprised if that one goes for about 12k or so. ;)
Cheers, Bill

camo388

Just checked up to $7,000 and 1 more day to go.

Red90

Quote from: binch on March 12, 2020, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that one goes for about 12k or so. ;)
$11000. Reserve not met.

binch

Just keep shaking my head on that one.   May just as well buy first run toilet paper now LOL
Cheers, Bill