Looking for oil bath air filter

Started by billpatterson, November 25, 2019, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billpatterson

Hi there
Anyone have a oil bath air filter for sale? I currently use a KN rechargeable and wonder if a 'oil bath' would be quieter.

Thank you!
Bill Patterson
Bill Patterson

Rambler

Hi Bill,
I recently bought an oil bath air filter from a chap near Calgary.  I found his advert on Kijiji,  he had 2 available when I bought one.  I can send you his email address if you like.  He only wanted $20 for this. 
Ian

Here is his advert

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/calgary/land-rover-parts-new-and-used-for-sale/1467452246
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

From experience yes oil bath filters are quieter than the k&n pancake type filters that tend to roar

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

billpatterson

Quote from: Rambler on November 25, 2019, 08:51 PM
Hi Bill,
I recently bought an oil bath air filter from a chap near Calgary.  I found his advert on Kijiji,  he had 2 available when I bought one.  I can send you his email address if you like.  He only wanted $20 for this. 
Ian

Here is his advert

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/calgary/land-rover-parts-new-and-used-for-sale/1467452246

That is great! Thank you!! I sent him a note via Kijiji...

Regards,
Bill P
Bill Patterson

billpatterson

Quote from: Rambler on November 25, 2019, 08:52 PM
From experience yes oil bath filters are quieter than the k&n pancake type filters that tend to roar

Thank you!!
Do you know or have you experienced whether oil bath air filters restrict air flow? If they do, I suspect its only an issue at "hwy speed".

Regards,
Bill P.
Bill Patterson

Red90

They are fine for a 2.25.  What engine is this?

They are not the greatest way to filter the air though.  Neither is K&N.

billpatterson

Hi Red90

It is a 2.5 l diesel.

Regards
Bill P.
Bill Patterson

Red90

I would get the normal Defender air filter for the 2.5D then.  I'm sure there are some around with the ex-MOD parts hoarders.  If you suck the oil from the oil bath into the diesel it will take off for the moon.

That said, I have no idea how Santana arranged the engine or engine bay.  What was there originally?

Rambler

Quote from: billpatterson on November 26, 2019, 11:49 AM
Quote from: Rambler on November 25, 2019, 08:51 PM
Hi Bill,
Ian

Here is his advert

That is great! Thank you!! I sent him a note via Kijiji...

Regards,
Bill P

Hi Bill
You are welcome.  Sorry I don't know how this would fare with your Diesel engine.  Good luck
Ian

SOLD: