LR/military manuals and service bulletins, PDF

Started by ugly_90, October 28, 2019, 08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

While searching for a reference to 110 military parts book yesterday, I stumbled across a new source of free PDF manuals while cutting away brush in the Google jungle.

Fill your boots. I think you might need Google drive to work with your browser, and perhaps a gmail account though. Good luck.

http://smithies.co.nz/land_rover/

Trevor

That's a pretty slick collection of docs!

As an fyi, I had no issues plowing around in there running Firefox and no Google accounts
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

ugly_90

Nice. Grab what you need now, no guarantee it'll be there forever. Lots of early Series 1 stuff, Defender, Ford and Chev CMP, Bedford truck, tanks.. it worked in Firefox for me too.

binch

up, that's a great info site!    They have the old bearmach parts catalogue, which was a great source for finding part numbers.    With the genuine parts catalogues a point to remember.....The numbers aren't always correct  due to supercedings and changes.  So remember to verify the number with a current source like lrseries.com or Britbits or LrDirect or someone.

Great find this....
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

I seem to have uncovered another cache of military manual collections, this one takes a bit more work.

In the past few years, fellows in the UK have been writing in to the MOD under Freedom of Information requests, either asking about their exmod vehicle history, or for specific Army Equipment Support Publications, or AESP's. These in the past had been controlled copies, with many operations, troubleshooting and repair manuals.

Most appear freely available now online as PDF's, although you'll have to dig for them in Google. A master list of defender and perhaps series AESP's can be found online too.
I've gathered a good crop here on my own, and anyone can do the same. If any editing of the original PDF pages is needed, a free program like LibreOffice can come in handy.

The Aus army manuals seem to have been available for quite a bit longer, but they appear much thinner, with lower page count for their 4x4 Perentines, some of the drivetrain equipment will differ there. Sites like REMLR will have the Aus manuals.

Happy hunting.

ugly_90

The AESP's for Defender are apparantly 2320-D-122-101 through 2320-D-122-821