water pump pulley for 2.5 N/A diesel

Started by Green Hornet 88, October 26, 2019, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Hornet 88

Hi Folks, does anyone have a Single groove water pump pulley? After an exhausting search, I don't seem to have this part! The engine for my rebuild project  is a 2.5 N/A diesel a 11J engine (late military spec's?); 90/110; the part number I believe is ERC5578.  I understand a 2.25 Petrol & Diesel models or 2.5 Petrol and NA Diesel model would fit? I'm also hoping one of you folks out there could confirm this?
Thanks and Cheers!

headdamage

I've got a small collection of assorted pulleys, mostly from 2.5na diesels. If you can post a picture of the one you are looking for I'll see if I have it.

Green Hornet 88

Problem with posting a picture is I don't know what I need not having ever seen the the pulley or fan for the engine?  All I know is I ran the engine serial number to see what I had, where the fan is to go is just a small backing plate with 4 holes in it and where the belt would appear to go is reset behind it to the alternator and then the main crank?
here is a picture from britpart? if that will help?

ugly_90

The viscous coupler will mount to the water pump pulley, and then to the fan. Those images for the 2.5D should be available in the military 110 partsbook, available online as a free PDF. There should be many images available of exmod 2.5 engines as well.

There may be several online microcat options as well to develop a parts list, if you don't have microcat already on your computer.

For an FFR 90/110; those parts are upgraded as they would have been in a 2.5D with air conditioning. More fins on the fan blade, and perhaps a better water pump? When ordering parts for fan/waterpump area of the engine, one would select "2.5D with air conditioning", which seems counterintuitive.

As for the later 11J bare block, it shouldn't affect your parts selection that far out on a completed engine. 12J would have the same ordered parts list for water pump. The 11J takes a later crank and crank bearings, as well as having factory pressed liners if I recall? Unfortunately I have no surplus fan/water pump parts.

binch

I thought you were going to got with an electric fan.......???? ???
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on October 26, 2019, 09:48 PM
I thought you were going to got with an electric fan.......???? ???

He still needs to turn the water pump.

binch

LOL....good point ;)

But I didn't think he was going to need the fan and viscous coupling though...
Cheers, Bill

Red90

He is only asking for the pulley not the fan or coupling.

Green Hornet 88

Yup going with electric fan, no room between rad and end of the engine for a fan, I can barely get my hand in there!
Hey ugly-90 what is a microcat option for my computer? I'm an old guy so don't know a lot about  computer stuff. and I'm allergic to cats mico or otherwise, so don't think I've got one on my computer?  My eyes water (tears) when around cats and when I get a parts bill from Bill!

ugly_90

Green Hornet 88

Hey folks, thanks to ugly 90, I found this microcat ? (I used to call these exploded diagrams, haha) for the water pump pulley I'm trying to find.
Cheers Craig

headdamage

I'm fairly sure I have a spare of that.

Green Hornet 88

Thanks Headdamage, I'll follow up with a MP. Cheers