A different kind of commercial

Started by Rambler, October 24, 2019, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

ugly_90

..and here I was, thinking you could only use a Ford focus wagon or a Kia van for a flower shop. I was so wrong.

This one has all the costs of a commercial van, with none of the benefits and more maintenance. I'm sure sales will be brisk.

binch

Bring back the camel trophy and prove your metal!!!!  >:(
Cheers, Bill

easycheasy

What do you think about these "fabulous" steel wheels? Look cheap to me.
I don't know about this latest trend. Some wheel manufacturers even make alloy wheels look like steelies. It's dumb, if you ask me.

ugly_90

This latest LR is only an image of a past defender. You'd be better hanging the photograph on your wall; it's cheaper.

For offroading, steel wheels can be preferable to alloys. In heavy use, the steel can bend and return to shape, where the alloy would just break and deform. At work, we've had new trucks with low mileage damage the tire contact area of the rim on alloys due to weight and dirt of local haul roads. We've had to put steel wheels on them.

Trevor

Quote from: ugly_90 on October 25, 2019, 07:04 AM

For offroading, steel wheels can be preferable to alloys. In heavy use, the steel can bend and return to shape, where the alloy would just break and deform. At work, we've had new trucks with low mileage damage the tire contact area of the rim on alloys due to weight and dirt of local haul roads. We've had to put steel wheels on them.

Yes, steelies are definitely the way to go if you are planning on any significant wheeling. A crescent wrench, snipe and a mallet will fix a lot of bangs and bends in steelies. Alloy's, not so much.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!