Good Quality Canvas Tilt for a 109: Britpart or??

Started by xmod109, October 11, 2019, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmod109

I think this will be the last winter for my full Canvas Soft Top, which is good because my Summer bikini one is pretty well rotted so I will be converting the full canvas.
Now I have to source a replacement tilt. Are the Britpart ones good quality or should I be looking at the Exmoor?

binch

Cheers, Bill

Rambler

I read (on the series 2 club) the best come from undercover covers.  It is what land rover use in their restorations. 
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

xmod109

Thanks, i appreciate the info. I had heard the Exmoor were a better quality than BP but not sure if they were that much different or just a personal preference.  I'll check out Undercover covers as well. Just looking for something to keep the snow out that will last. The military tilt I have right now seems more robust than the softer civilian canvas one I had that turned into a bikini, but its a stiffer canvas and waterproofed.

ugly_90

I expect whichever you choose, it'll only last a few years if left out in the weather. I bought the Exmoor olive canvas for this 110. It appeared that the Britpart was similar, but with large side windows. The Exmoor seemed close to exmod stock in my case.