What to do with my old chassis

Started by grizzlychicken, July 27, 2019, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzlychicken

Hey guys,
So I am swapping out my chassis and wonder if I should just scrap the old one. It doesn't have much corrosion but the reason I swapped it out was it had a serious bend in the rear section. It has a sideways shift and a torsion to it. I thought it wasn't repairable so switched it out to a galvanized one but would the old one be useful for someone else in the group? Or just scrap it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugly_90

Judging by the photos, it doesn't seem so bent that it can't be pulled straight and/or welded together with another scrap unit and maybe some new steel.

The scrapyard won't give you anything for it. Maybe give it away here or to the BC group first to see if anyone will take it off your hands.

grizzlychicken

Thanks!
I put it out there in the buy sell section and asked to be a no member to post it there. Also put it on Kijiji
Cheers
Shane

Quote from: ugly_90 on July 27, 2019, 12:39 PM
Judging by the photos, it doesn't seem so bent that it can't be pulled straight and/or welded together with another scrap unit and maybe some new steel.

The scrapyard won't give you anything for it. Maybe give it away here or to the BC group first to see if anyone will take it off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk