Discovery/P38 front carpets wet..???

Started by binch, July 06, 2019, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I've been noticing condensation on the inside of the windscreen when I turn on the A/C, and the carpet along the transmission tunnel are wet.    For those of you who have not had this pleasure (or just choose to ignore it) it's the two A/C condensation drains located on each side of the transmission tunnel.    Crawl under the vehicle with a good light and look up between the exhaust and Trans tunnel...you'll see the rubber duck bill or X bleeder nipples way up there.   They get blocked up occasionally with all kinds of grime and road smeg, and should be drained every year or two.       

There is very simple and potential wet cure for this.....simply use a  LONG screw driver, brazing rod, coat hanger or your hand and reach up beside the T-case and locate the drain nipple.   Give it a gentle poke or a squeeze and that will release the water that's waiting to be drained out.   15 minutes and you're done  ;)

Two words of warning.....

1.  Do it when the exhaust is cool or you'll get burnt!   (ask me how I know).   
   2.  If you do this with you hand YOU WILL GET WET as the water waiting to be drained will follow your arm all the way down to your arm pit!!!
        (go ahead...ask me how I know that one too....) 

Cheers, Bill

pechanec

Also sadly familiar with this phenomenon........

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk