Converting Disco to a truck

Started by B-Red, June 14, 2019, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

I have been following some mods done on the Disco frame.
Www.longrager.net sells kits to take off the back half of the Disco out and turn it into a short box truck. Eliminates the problem with the over hang rear bumper for sure.
Interesting setup.

binch

Cheers, Bill

pechanec

I concur 😝

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Matt H

Errrr.......am I missing something or is the rear overhang exactly the same as a regular D2??   :o
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

Yes. It is a body kit. They don't cut the frame.

http://www.longranger.net/discovery-series-2.html

Trevor

hmm, I can't wrap my brain around why one would do that. I think one of the strengths of the D2 and earlier LR's if that they did a pretty good job with the versatile SUV concept. They got that right.

Changing to a pickup like that, well, that's not really much of a pickup.

My advice, if you want a pickup, buy any Ford/Chev/Dodge. American iron will do a far better job.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Talking of frame changes, I always wondered why Land Rover didn't design the D2 with the same 108" wheelbase as the then current P38 Range Rover?

The overall length on a D2 is perfect. It could just use a wheelbase stretch at the rear axle.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Yes, that would have made for a great rig Matt.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Lightningpower

The discussion around the modified Disco reminds me of the poorly sold Ford Sport Trac. There is a market for pickup with a tiny box and more people room, but the market is minuscule. What can you use it for? But some people loved it. Those who are attracted to that layout might adore this conversion.