Water proof electrical termination junction box

Started by B-Red, June 02, 2019, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

I am trying to find where to buy junction boxes for electrical terminations that are water proof.
I am trying to creat assemblies that can be placed and removed from the vehicle without disconnecting the wires on the devices. Roof racks with built in lighting is one example.
I found a manufacture that has multi pin connectors, water tight. Amphibole-Industrial.com. They have an outlet in Edmonton.
Look forward to an electrical discussion ;-)

ugly_90

I just did a project using waterproof plastic/rubber strain reliefs, and a standard four-pin trailer connector set between boxes, creating a power pigtail on both.

For enclosures and hardware/fittings for industrial electrical and instrumentation, try EECOL or Westburne in Edmonton.

For general 12V automotive/trailer wiring, try Greggs, Napa or Princess Auto.

For specific enclosures electronics parts, etc, try Electronic Connections or MRO Electronics in Edmonton, or a company like Digi-Key or Newark online. Those orders should come in Fedex in a day or two.

I've done some custom pipeline electronics projects lately, and it can be a bit of running between shops. Having the paper catalogues for Greggs, Princess Auto, and Digi-Key can streamline things.

Matt H

Lots of waterproof junctions end up trapping moisture and causing more corrosion than if it was exposed. If lots of dielectric grease is used it helps lessens this problem.
My 2c.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.