Visit with Curtis and Nicole

Started by binch, May 19, 2019, 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I fuelled up the defender this morning and went up to visit with Nicole and Curtis, north of Vega, today.    I went up via Barrhead, Ft Assiniboine, North and across the Klondike ferry, up past the fire tower just east of the ferry.  Spectacular views to the west and north from that hill top too.   From there I went north again on a very twisty, winding, sandy road through a pine forest with lots of beaver ponds and damned up creeks, ending up at their home for tea and a chat.   

I almost nailed bambi but my brakes work too well.   Thing just stud there until I stopped 5 feet from it and then scramble off into the bush again.   Saw a snowy owl,  some mallards, Grebes, Goldeneye, Sparrow hawk and some larger hawks.    Didn't see any beavers but then again I had to keep an eye on the road or face going into the drink myself LOL.

Great drive and all told the whole journey and visit only took 6 hours.   There were a couple of great spots for a picnic lunch or a spot of fishing.    The OHV's out in full force in Vega so they must not have put out a fire ban this year.

Great trip folks...give it a try sometime  ;)
Cheers, Bill