Discover I Neg. Offset Rims 16" x 7" or 8"

Started by Orange Disco, March 29, 2019, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Disco

Hello Guys,

I have searched online and looked into Britpart and Bearmach and all, but couldn't find a rim to fit my Disco I.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Used or New, I don't care, as long as they fit.

Regards,

Trevor

Try OK Offroad....

http://www.okoffroad.com

...I run their rims on my D2. I believe they have the 16 x 8 for the D1/RR/Defender

EDIT: yes they do. http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-wheel-lr.htm
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

Note that anything shown to fit a Defender will fit your Disco 1.  There are lots of options.

Red90

I should add, that I have not seen negative offset wheels. Some have zero, but most are positive offset.  Negative offset with a 7 or 8" rim on a Disco 1 would push the tires well outside of the body.  Stock Discovery 1 wheels are 16x7 with a 33 mm positive offset.

Matt H

Are you looking for stock rims? Steel or alloy? Aftermarket? Lots of options.
If you run a negative offset wheel or spacers on a stock RRC or D1 you will contact the rear door at full stuff even with stock sized tyres.
My 2c.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Johno753

So these will work with a Salisbury axle ?

Matt H

Dave L runs the okoffroad steel wheels on his 110 SW....so yes, they fit. I'm planning on getting a set for my 110 SW too as I need a 8" wide wheel. At the price they are hard to beat.
Only catch is they don't ship outside the lower 48.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

What is negative offset vs positive offset?

Red90

B-Red

Nice picture. Which side would face the street, 1 or 2?

Red90

The right side is the outside.  The left is the axle side.

Orange Disco

Thank guys,

Figured it out in the end.

Cheers!

binch

Hey Steve....Are those Simex tires????    Are they DOT approved in Canada (aka road legal)????   Where did you find them???????? ::)
Cheers, Bill

brendan leier

That looks great!  How did you avoid trimming the fenders?

binch

by the looks of it he did trim the back fenders and it looks lifted as well (maybe) ;D
Cheers, Bill