Wheel Spacers

Started by mike.heathcote, March 11, 2019, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.heathcote

Hey All, 

I picked up a set of Disco 1 rims for my series 2 this weekend.   
ANR3631MNH - XS DEEP DISH ALLOY WHEEL 7 X 16   

Does anybody know the part number for the spacers I'll need to mount these?  I've got the 5x6.5 bolt pattern, so I believe Defender spacers will work, but the sites I'm checking don't specify compatibility with the series trucks. 

Would something like these work?
https://www.lrparts.net/tf301-defender-black-wheel-spacers-black-aluminium-30mm-for-defender-discovery-1-and-range-rover-classic.html 

Thanks, 

Mike 

Rambler

Hi Mike

You might find helpful info in this video from another Mike.  The 1974 series 3 I owned had spacers fitted and defender style alloy wheels.  Sadly, I don't know the part number. 

https://youtu.be/haAoNuByX3o

Cheers
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

pechanec

Mike, talk to Binch. He has a line on wheel spacers for the 5x6.5 pattern at a good price

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

mike.heathcote

Beautiful, thanks Gentlemen! 

I was talking to the customer service rep at LR Parts, and their part number: LR-301 will work.  It's designed for Defenders, D1s and RRCs as well. 
By that logic, Curtis - I think you're right, and Bills' spacers should work perfectly. 

Next up - bigger lug nuts!

Thanks again! 

Mike 

pechanec

Looked in the box today, the spacers come with a set of cone nuts which should fit the wheel studs on the series, so just need the alloy rims nuts

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Matt H

You will find that the wheels/tyres now stick out out further (obviously) and no longer tuck up inside the body of a Series LR. This may cause clearance issues under articulation.

When the "new" 110 & 90 generation of LR were created they used the wider coil sprung axles used on the then current Range Rover. While the body was of a similar width to a Series 2/3 LR they had longer taller wheel openings and extended wheel arch trim to accommodate this increase in axle width.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.