Started by northerndefender, February 13, 2019, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Matt H

Quote from: binch on June 02, 2019, 10:13 PM
Quote from: Matt H on May 24, 2019, 10:08 PM
I'm registered  8)

Hi Matt,

Might you be wanting to pick up your roof rack before the show, to install for the show????

Not sure what's in the other two boxes....roll cage parts maybe...... ???

cheers, Bill

If memory serves, I should have a + 2" suspension kit, rear ladder, rock sliders and the roof rack. Depending on when I can get out of here Friday my loose plan was to drive to Edmonton, pick up my stuff then drive out to Wetaskiwin.  Unless some kind soul has room in their unit to take it down to the show?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

some of it maybe.....but I can't fit the roof rack inside my truck.   And I'm taking a bunch of club stuff down for the event too.   Sorry
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

No worries. I'll come get it. I've only ever seen pictures of the roof rack and I'm unsure of exactly how big it is. Does the roof rack look like it's one piece, or some assembly required?
I'm towing the 110 with my pickup anyway so I'll have lots of room for all my lovely swag  8)

Red90

Quote from: binch on June 03, 2019, 03:33 PM
some of it maybe.....but I can't fit the roof rack inside my truck.   And I'm taking a bunch of club stuff down for the event too.   Sorry

If only you had a nice trailer.   ;D

binch

Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Ride for dad is happening in nisku on Saturday and riders are expected to arrive at blackjacks at 7:30. Parking lot will be barricaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Red

We need an alternate location Bill. Otherwise, the bikers and the Landrover will lockup with a fist fight over breakfast lol

Matt H

Breakfast......Land Rovers????

No contest. Our gang patch should be a knife and fork!

binch

There goes the neighborhood!!!  >:(

They plan on starting at 5am....   Pain in the arse...No pun intended.

Okay....on to Plan 'B'     

We are going to meet at the Saratoga Restaurant at 7:30am in stead.

SARATOGA is located at:
2610 Calgary Trail NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5J6

Here's a map to find it...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2610+Calgary+Trail+NW,+Edmonton,+AB+T6J+5J6/@53.4564803,-113.5042885,13.83z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53a01ede9ed82a1b:0x41aefe97bc13694a!8m2!3d53.4573449!4d-113.494466
Cheers, Bill

binch

The history mile worked out GREAT!!!   Considering the weather we had in the days before we lucked out with beautiful sunny weather until about 2pm when I light shower came by for 15 minutes.   Then the sun came out again until 4pm....   But by that time all the really shiny cars had left crying cause their cars go wet  ;D

We did have any newer landies at the show this year.    But we had 6 older landies meet at Saratoga on Saturday morning.
  Lloyd and Bill in the 110 exmod 3dr.  (survivor of 3 Alexander Mackenzie trial runs)
  Roger and Jeffrey in the d110 CSW sarfari truck with his roof top tent.  (survivor of 2 Alexander Mackenzie trial runs)
  Glen in his D90  (survivor of 1 Alexander Mackenzie trial run)
  Ian and Natalie in his ever classic Series 1 who's age alone has proved it metal.
  David M. and his Series 11a 109" Dormobile, which has had two families grow up in.
  Colin, who has had several Landies of his own over the years, in his well restored Series 11a

We left en masse to the Reynolds Museum via hwy2a, with Colin and Ian setting a lovely pass through the country.

As we made our way along the final few km to the Reynold Museum we passed a Smittys and their in the parking lot along the road was the expat contingent.

Yoda and Emma's 101 Forward Control gun tractor.......ALWAYS an eye stopper.
Dave L. and Little 'D' in his D110 CSW  (survivor of 1 Alexander Mackenzie trial run)
Matt and Joyce's VERY nice 1994 D110 CSW with external roll cage and great big cardboard box tied on top.
And last but not least.....Johno's Tigger 2 (or is it ZULU 2) - The Liverpoole Police Riot wagon that was converted to a very civil (albeit very orange) 110 CSW wagon.

The group from Edmonton pulled over briefly, while Lloyd and I broke ranks, drove passed the dinner waving and headed back for a Timmies.  We caught up with the Edmonton group again and set off to claim some territory.   By the time the whole group was there we had taken up some prime real estate.  Both Jeffrey and David M. set up there tents, while a few of us set up the kitchen & put the water on the boil and the remaining folks pulled down the big box from the top of Matt's truck. 

While putting together the lunch I had a peek over toward Matt's truck to see a bunch of guys sitting on a massive cardboard box in a sea of green grass, and the first thought that came to my mine was a bunch of adult males playing in a sand box!!!   I Laughed.   But that wasn't what they were up to all....they were sorting, assembling and installing the new Safety Device roof rack that was made to fit the Safety Device roll cage he had installed last year.   Boy oh boy did that look the part!!!  PRIMO!

Lunch was smoked beef brisket soaked in bisto gravy, served on their choice of a whole wheat bun or Yorkshire puddings, with a choice of mustard, horse radish and/or two types of chutneys.   And there were three types of salad to choose from as well as beverages.    No one went away hungry (I hope) and there were lots of onlookers wondering how they could get in on this action LOL.    On a side note....we say the CurbSide food truck there, from Acapella Catering in Edmonton.    That food truck serves up some amazing dishes from what I've heard.

A big thanks to all those folks that came out and chipped in setting up camp, helping out in the kitchen, the onsite work project on Matt's truck, answering the visitor's questions, etc!!!!   Great Job folks!!!!

So all in all it turned out to be a GREAT day out I thought!!!     Now....we just need to get Lloyd's pics posted.  8)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

A happy customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Red

Looks like a good time had by all. Look forward to the pictures.

lropchan

binch

Are you sure land rover mecca is that way glen....? ;D

Can't get into the facebook though.... >:(
Cheers, Bill