History Road 2019

Started by northerndefender, February 13, 2019, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

northerndefender

History Road in the Reynolds Museum located in Wetaskiwin

Club is planning on showing up on Saturday although they are open Sunday too.

Preregister here...   https://reynoldsmuseum.ca/events/history-road-ultimate-car-show

binch

Traditionally the ALRE tries to attend one of the car shows en masse (the British field meet or the History Road car show) which unfortunately are both held on the same weekend.   We always shoot for the Saturday as very few people have interest in attending both on the same weekend, and it allows those folks from outside of Edmonton some time to travel.

As the ALRE were the featured marque of the ABFM last year we are going to try and get as many of our land rovers out to the HISTORY ROAD event in Wetaskewin this year on SATURDAY, JUNE 8th.   For those who wish we will meet at the Saratoga Diner for breakfast before we go and head down in a convoy.   That always gets the heads turning as people drive by ;)     

We try to set up together as a club so we can display our vehicles proudly, rather then file in by year as the normally do with general entries.   It's a good idea to bring a chair with you, but we'll do a Lunch for our gang while we are there as well.

Details for this day will be sent out at the end of May / beginning of june.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there ;D
Cheers, Bill

bumpydormobile

I'm in for it this year!

binch

Yup, I'll be there as well.   Would be nice to set up an interesting camp theme or something... ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I will be attending this year also if things work out.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Me thinks I'll be there too!   Maybe put the BBQ out with some cheese smokies or pulled pork on a bun with apple sauce and mustard  ;D

Well, I've just finished filling in my pre-registration form online.   Much better set up this year and lots of room to brag (aka BS) about my Landy!

I will be taking the lead on the 2019 History Road Car Show at the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin, AB Saturday June 8th.   And I'm hoping to get lots of our folk out there with their landies and families.    The ALRE will be arranging a club display so people can see the development and design changes over the decades.   I'm thinking we can do a BBQ or Picnic type lunch while we're there as well.   

If you haven't been to this car show it's not all about spit and polish as they try to get cars from ALL eras, makes and models.    There is an indoor exhibit of motorcycles, and on going restoration projects, not to mention the massive collection of antique farm equipment that makes up there fence.   They also have a small air museum as well.....so it's a good day out for the family.

The folks at the Reynolds Museum would like participants to register by "4:30pm May 27th please, so I would like to encourage everyone to fill in the online registration form sooner rather then later please.   

The folks coming from Edmonton will meet up for breakfast on the way out and then travel en masse, spreading our proud grins through the whole group Smile     If you have a sankey or roof top tent or a camp trailer please bring them along and set them up for people to see.  But remember, Bring a chair and your awning if you like....We can 'set up camp' right there and make ourselves at home for the day.

So...who's going to be joining me?????

Let's make a day of it folks! ;)

Preregister here...   https://reynoldsmuseum.ca/events/history-road-ultimate-car-show
Cheers, Bill

Johno753

I'll be there, may even pop up for breakfast

binch

That will be a real Treat Johno!!! :)
Cheers, Bill

Johno753

So I guess there's a free pancake breakfast that morning starting at 09:00 hrs at the Wetaskiwin AG society

binch

Oh, now that always sounds good too!!!!    But then we wouldn't have the convoy from Edmonton....oh no....decisions, decisions....this is above my pay grade :o
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

Ok. If Matt is coming up from the far south then Edmontonians have no excuse. I registered my light weight.
Cheers

binch

Bring your bells and whistles out to show them off   ;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

Quote from: Matt H on May 24, 2019, 10:08 PM
I'm registered  8)

Hi Matt,

Might you be wanting to pick up your roof rack before the show, to install for the show????

Not sure what's in the other two boxes....roll cage parts maybe...... ???

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

The History Mile Car show in Wetaskiwin is coming up quickly (this Saturday coming up).   We have quite a few folks signed up and ready to go but I wanted to send out one last notice to everyone in the club...just in case.....

The Reynolds Museum is asking us to arrive between 8am and 11am to set up.   So how about we meet up 7:30 for breakfast at Blackjacks Roadhouse at 2110 Sparrow Dr, Nisku, AB T9E 8A2.   This is the Leduc turn off where you can see the Flying J station on the east side of the road.  The restaurant is a bit north on the service road.   If you don't pre-register don't worry about it.   You can do it there when you arrive.

BIG CHANGE FOR BREAKFAST MEETING Due to Biker meeting at same location at same day.   We'll will now meet for breakfast At 7:30am at the Saratoga Restaurant and then leave en masse from Saratoga Restaurant around 8:30am for Wetaskiwin, arriving about 9:15am.    For those not wish to join us for breakfast you are more then welcome to meet up and join us for the drive down.

SARATOGA is located at:
2610 Calgary Trail NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5J6

Here's a map to find it...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2610+Calgary+Trail+NW,+Edmonton,+AB+T6J+5J6/@53.4564803,-113.5042885,13.83z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53a01ede9ed82a1b:0x41aefe97bc13694a!8m2!3d53.4573449!4d-113.494466

For those people that will be meeting us in Wetaskiwin  ask for the ALRE group site, as we are going to set up together.   Or bring the wagons around to set up together.    Give your self a bit of space between vehicles for shelter if we need to set up a tarp or three.  Remember....Prevailing winds from the west.    If we can organise ourselves roughly by year or generation it will give the best chance to show the evolution of our Landies and trailers.

Please come prepared to set up a day camp (chairs, shade, blankets, tarps, etc)  rins through the whole group Smile     If you have a sanky or roof top tent or a camp trailer please bring them along and set them up for people to see.  But remember, Bring a chair and your awning if you like....We can 'set up camp' right there and make ourselves at home for the day.

I will be bringing food for our group so I would appreciate it if everyone coming could let me know (by my email please) how many adults & children are coming in your vehicle please.   

Looking forward to seeing the lot of you Winking smile

cheers, Bill Inch
ALRE's Chief Grunt and Bottle Washer

From Reynolds Museum...Things you should know:

Must arrive between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. the day of the event to park on History Road and we ask you to stay until 4 p.m.
Enter the grounds through the East Gate, for a site map visit https://reynoldsmuseum.ca/events/history-road-ultimate-car-show
As a preregistered participant, you and your passenger get free admission to the museum courtesy of Hagerty Insurance.
Stop at the Registration Table to pick up your dash plaque, car information sheet, and enter your name for door prizes.
Have your photo taken. Photos can be picked up after 2 p.m. at the entrance to the theater.
You will be directed to your decade or car club area to park.
You can choose to participate by driving your own vehicle in the "Parade through the Century." You will drive a circuit around the track while live commentary is carried out. Over the years, we have had a hard time keeping the older cars from overheating on the Parade. This year we are trying something new – so watch our traffic marshals for instructions.

Logistics

Vehicles must be registered and insured to drive on the museum grounds.
Trailer your vehicle if it is not licenced.
Car-hauling trailers can park onsite.
Overnight camping is not available on the Museum grounds. A list of hotel/motel/B&B/ campgrounds in Wetaskiwin can be found at http://www.wetaskiwin.ca
History Road: the Ultimate Car Show goes ahead rain or shine.
Cheers, Bill